The Natural C-section: A Woman Centered Technique. - Mothering Forums

1Likes
  • 1 Post By MountainMamaGC

#1 of 6 Old 12-30-2014, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
The Natural C-section: A Woman Centered Technique.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2613254/

I am hoping to have this done with my section. Has anyone had any experience with this?
radiowave likes this.

Mama to L (7) and A (born 7/15 by VBAC)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 12-30-2014, 09:12 AM

Mentioned: 526 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
I have not had this but all is in play for this c section birth as my doctor does all of it. I'm even having delayed cord clamping so I'm very excited!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
#3 of 6 Old 01-06-2015, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Thanks so much for sharing this! I will need to have a planned c-section, and am working on a birth plan. I am going to share this with my midwife.

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
Pregnant again after IVF, EDD July 6, 2015!
#4 of 6 Old 01-09-2015, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had something similar to this with my most recent birth. Because the baby had anomalies, it wasn't perfect, but it was still so different than my first two c-sections. I got to hold Psalm in the OR on the table for a long time, and take her with me into recovery. And my midwife (a CNM) was able to scrub in and act as my nurse, so I still had that good support. Here they call them family centered c-sections (which I think is more accurate a label than "natural"), and they are actually now the norm at the hospital at which I deliver. (St. Luke's Baptist)

Sabra: Mama to Bobbie (3/02), Linda (1/04), Esther (10/05), Marie (11/10), Douglas (11/12), & Psalm (09/14; in Heaven)
#5 of 6 Old 02-17-2015, 01:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hey Thank you for sharing this.
#6 of 6 Old 07-06-2015, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This was the norm when and where I had my second c-section 6.5 years ago. He was on my chest while they were still closing my up and nursing as soon as they wheeled me back to my room (under 30 minutes). I hope that we can do this again next year. For my last son, I had planned a VBAC but developed pre-eclampsia at 35 weeks and decided no induction. Since I have had 2 sections and a D&C for a miscarriage, I plan to have a third section.

Katie, mama to one big boy (6/03) and one little boy (12/08).
It is never the wrong time to do the right thing.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page