Supplies after c-section - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
#1 of 6 Old 02-01-2015, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Supplies after c-section

Hi Moms,

I was told that I may require a c-section... What supplies should I have on hand after my c-section? (For the next few weeks). I already have baby care supplies, but I am wondering if I need anything for myself that will make life easier as I recover.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 02-01-2015, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
I found it hard to pee after the catheter was removed. Squirting warm water from a peri bottle helped to get it flowing.

You don't want to be straining to poop, so consider stool softeners for the first few days.

Jolly ranchers if you have general, and a pillow to hold on your tummy for the coughing.

After my first I was told to keep the incision dry, after my second I was toss to wash it. Both times, I found it helpful to lay a CPF for along the cut to keep the loose belly flap from rubbing and to keep it all dry. I'm also a HUGE fan of those netted panties the hospital gives you. Excellent airflow. Ask the nurse to hook you up with extras before you go home.

Bring back the old MDC
#3 of 6 Old 02-01-2015, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you, what is a CPF?
#4 of 6 Old 02-01-2015, 09:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Get some probiotics. I ended up with thrush from the antibiotics.

Stool softener and some kind of anti gas med or supplement.

Line up or precook as many meals as possible. DH was so taken up by caring for me so I could care for baby that food was really stressful.

I really hope you don't have to get one. The actual surgery isn't bad, but the recovery is like having labor drawn out over time.
#5 of 6 Old 02-02-2015, 09:12 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwithboys View Post
You don't want to be straining to poop, so consider stool softeners for the first few days.
THIS THIS THIS. Start the Miralax before you go to the hospital and take it religiously. I didn't poop for a week after my c-section and it was AWFUL. You can't bear down because it hurts, and your gut basically shuts down after surgery so constipation is a universal problem after surgery.

Make sure you have some loose-fitting pants - pressure on your incision or lower abdomen is really uncomfortable. I lived in two pair of yoga pants for the first few weeks post-partum.

You will not likely be cleared to drive for two weeks after birth, so make arrangements as needed.

Getting out of bed is difficult, too. I was able to pull up using the bedsheets so that my arms did the work instead of my abs. DH also helped with that, too.
#6 of 6 Unread Today, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you !

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page