complaing that his penis hurts - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-08-2012, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This morning, DS (4 1/2) told me that his penis hurts.  I asked him to show it to me.  And just at the base on the underside (right where it connects to his scrotum), it's red and it looks like the top layer of skin has peeled away.  It's not bleeding or oozing or anything.  We asked him to tell us how it feels.  He said "itchy and hurty."  DH asked if it feels burny, he said no.  We think it's probably jock itch.  But I'm not going to put anything on it just yet.  I'll check tomorrow and if it's still the same, I'll probably call our ped.  We've never had to ask our ped about anything penis related, so I'm not sure what kind of advice he'll give us.  But he's never recommended retraction and he's never done anything more than just a visual check during visits... so he's probably more intact-friendly than your average ped.  But anyway, any input or suggestions you might have would be appreciated.

mommy to Christopher 2/29/08
#2 of 2 Old 07-08-2012, 09:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think I remember my son having the same issue a few times when he was younger. Infact, I think he had this "problem" once last year, too.

I think it just sounds like the skin is irritated? Maybe his boxers have a seam there, and it irritates his penis? I think that was the problem for my son. He cleaned the area well, made sure to be completely dry before putting on his boxer, and once I put on some kind of lotion, I think.

Hopefully this will go away by itself. :)

*Single, attached Norwegian mama to my LoveBug, 2001*

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page