What could this be? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-30-2012, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My 3yo son is saying that his penis hurts.  Yesterday he was whining/crying that his penis hurt.  He pointed out where.  It is the same place as another poster said.  On the underside where his scrotum and penis connects.  There is nothing there at all.  No redness or anything.  I asked him some questions and he just says yes it hurts.  I decided to not bring it up again and see if he did on his own.  He is at the age where if you ask if something hurts he will say yes and you are not sure if it does.  Today he was sitting on the couch and he was crying.  More of like a whine cry.  I asked what was wrong and he said his penis hurt and he pointed at the same spot.  So now I know it is bothering him but I have no idea why.  What could be there that would irritate him?  If it continues, I will set up an appt but I would rather not if we can help it.  Thanks.

#2 of 7 Old 07-30-2012, 02:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Sorry to hear your ds is in pain.  I use lanolin frequently for minor irritations, even when it's not red or looking like there's something there.  Don't know that I'd recommend it on the foreksin, but where you're saying, I think I would do it if my ds let me.

HTH,

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
#3 of 7 Old 07-30-2012, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It could be that the foreskin is separating from the head of the penis. Maybe you could try some extended bath time, just letting him play in the water a bit. Can you ask him to pull back his foreskin so you could see? And maybe he could do that while he's in the water. If he's doing it himself, he will know when to stop. 

Homeschooling Ama to boys (ages 10 and 6) and my SoldierGirl who is serving in the US Army, StepMom to three crazy teens. I'm married to the love of my life. 

Love is an action word. 

Words have power...use them wisely.

Who you are is just enough.

Molon Labe

#4 of 7 Old 07-30-2012, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If the pain is at where the penis & scrotum meets odds are it has nothing to do with the foreskin. It could be that it is a bit irritated from heat so I would use a good barrier cream in that area for awhile and see if that helps.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#5 of 7 Old 07-30-2012, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Do you guys know where a bladder or urinary infection would hurt?  

#6 of 7 Old 07-30-2012, 07:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Not sure on a boy, but I remember when I had a UTI 20 years ago it hurt right before the urine would come out, so at the end of my urethra.

Are you thinking he's telling you it hurts on the outside but it really hurts on the inside?  If that's the case, I'd look up some anatomy pictures to try to see where everything is to know.  Does he have any other symptoms?  If so, what are they?

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
#7 of 7 Old 08-01-2012, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

He doesn't have any other symptoms.  He just says it hurts every once in a while.  I think if he continues I will do a urine sample with him and bring it in.  Thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page