MY 3 YEAR OLD GENITAL PAINS - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-21-2012, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

HELLO EVERYONE OK SO I NEED SOME ADVICE I HAVE A HUGE CONCERN WITH MY 3 YEAR OLD SON. FOR THE PAST COUPLE WEEKS HES BEEN COMPLAINING AND SAYING MY WEENIE HURTS . HE COMPLAINS EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE. HE IS POTTY TRAINED AND PEES STANDING UP. EVEN THOUGH BOYS DONT USUALLY CLEAN AFTER THEY PEE. HE DOES ALL THE TIME HELL GRAB A LITTLE PIECE OF TOILET PAPER AND CLEANS HIMSELF. HE IS NOT CIRCUMSIZED. I DONT THINK ITS A UTI BECAUSE HE DOESNT SAY IT BURNS OR ANYTHING AND HIS URINE DOESNT SMELL STRONG . I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO AT THIS POINT. IM WAITING TO TAKE HIM TO THE DOCTORS IN 2 WEEKS BUT THATS A LONG TIME FROM NOW. AT FIRST I TOUGH MAYBE HE JUST WANTED ATTENTION AND WAS BEING DRAMATIC BUT I THINK IT DOES REALLY HURT HIM. I PULLED HIS SKIN BACK YESTERDAY AND DAMPED IT WITH A WARM CLOTH . IT LOOKED NORMAL TO ME BUT THEN AGAIN IDK WHAT ITS SUPPOSE TO LOOK LIKE HES MY ONLY CHILD. PLEASE HELP =[

#2 of 5 Old 08-22-2012, 06:48 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)

Hi and welcome to Mothering. We have plenty of parents with intact sons so I think you'll get some helpful advice. But I'm moving your thread to the Intact Care forum where it will get attention of members there who can advise you.

When you post again please avoid using all capital letters. I know it can be easier to type that way but it is difficult to read paragraphs of text that is all in caps.

#3 of 5 Old 08-22-2012, 07:37 PM

It is very common for a child your ds's age to start the separation process. When that happens sometimes there is a a bit of pain involved. Since the retraction process takes place over time from weeks to years the discomfort usually comes and goes like you described in your post. Here is a thread you might find helpful http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=764732 it talks about normal separation issues which is what it sounds like is going on with your little guy.

In case you are unaware if you do take him to the Dr. be sure that the Dr. does not try to pull the skin back this could cause problems and pain for your ds.

If it where me I would use a good barrier cream and put that on the very tip of his foreskin a few times a day or have him do it this should help some.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#4 of 5 Old 08-22-2012, 08:39 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Don't retract your son!  Only he should do that. 

Bring back the old MDC
#5 of 5 Old 08-22-2012, 10:07 PM

could it be his car seat? my son complained that his penis hurt, and -- right away -- my (circumcised) DH commented to me, "that's one of the troubles with foreskin." [i said nothing in reply. give me a break.]

BUT... it had everything and only everything to do with the 5 point buckle of his car seat, and the fact that he was wearing underwear instead of padded diapers anymore. we loosened up the buckles just a bit so that it wasn't quite so much tightness on his underpants crotch, and viola, no more penis pain.

[and i never said anything about the "trouble with foreskin" comment...]

Tags
Mothering Help

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page