Cloudy urine for a long time.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-21-2012, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My intact 4.5 year old has cloudy urine and has had such since I first noticed it when potty training.  There are no other symptoms or issues that could indicate an infection.  I checked Dr. Google when I first noticed it and read that in the absence of any other symptoms it's probably something he ate or drank and no big deal.  But now that's just not sitting right with me; however, I'm wondering if it has anything to do with his foreskin (not retracted yet) and smegma or other debris that collects there,

Anybody experience this, or have advice?  I will be taking him to the ped., but he's pretty pro-circ, so I'm not sure how familiar he is with the experiences of intact boys.

TIA!

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

#2 of 3 Old 09-21-2012, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Hmmm, not sure.  I'm thinking that if he isn't retracting yet & since urine flushes out the foreskin, unless he's wearing very linty underwear, there isn't going to be anything getting in there to make it cloudy.  I'd think that it would be something internal & wouldn't have much of anything to do w/ his foreskin.   Does your ds drink water?  If not, I'd suggest starting w/ drinking more water.  

This is all I can think of on this.  If you're really worried & you don't feel like you can talk to his ped, perhaps contact Marilyn Milos or ask the question in the forum here that she answers questions on.

Best wishes,

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
#3 of 3 Old 09-22-2012, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son (age 3.5) is the same way, and has been for a very long time. I'm not even sure when I first noticed this (we EC'ed from birth), but I remember about 6 mos- 1 year ago trying to research this because it just seemed a little off. However, I haven't taken this concern further because of a reluctance to create a problem where there is none. He has never had a bladder/urinary tract infection that I know of, he has no complaints about pain in his penis or otherwise, no other symptoms of anything basically. He drinks lots of water.

Edited to add: I feel though that if there WERE a problem, it would probably have nothing to do with the foreskin. I just don't see how that can have an effect such as this on his urine.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page