Was told DS needed surgery..... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-16-2012, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DS is 3.5 yrs, and intact.  A few weeks ago he somehow was messing with himself and created a tear in his forskin.  I tried treating it at home, but he was in pain, so we went to the ped.  Once there she told me she *had* to try to retract his skin, I yelled at her but it was too late, and ds was in pain all day. Needless to say she said he had a severe case of penile adhesions and scheduled us with an out of town ped. urologist.   We made the 2 hr trip only for him to say that ds was PERFECTLY FINE!  He never tried retracting the skin, and said that he doesn't care if the skin doesn't retract until after 8 years.  HE said we were doing everything write and sent a not so nice letter to the ped. telling her to never touch his penis again  ;)  So..... trust your instincts , and don't believe everything your doctors tell you!  And I should add that I'm so grateful to have found a wonderful uroligist! 

transylvania_mom likes this.

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
#2 of 5 Old 10-16-2012, 04:55 PM

Boo to the Dr hurting your ds and joy.gif that you have a urologist now you can trust.

Hope your ds is feeling better.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 5 Old 10-16-2012, 05:01 PM

Sorry about your pedi, but yay for a happy ending!

joy.giflurk.gif

#4 of 5 Old 10-17-2012, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Much better ending that I was anticipating!  And, I'm glad that the urologist wrote her a letter.  Perhaps she'll respect what he said since it's coming from another doctor.  Hopefully.  goodvibes.gif

Hope your ds is all better now.

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
#5 of 5 Old 10-21-2012, 08:12 PM

So glad you had a happy ending!  And a good thing you were smart enough not to trust your ped.   The ped urologist you saw sounds excellent, although even he, is a bit early on the age of retraction.  In cultures who do not practice any form of foreskin manipulation, the AVERAGE age of retraction is 10 1/2.  Many intact males are not capable of retraction until well past puberty, and a few live their lives without ever being able to roll their foreskin back and have no issues whatsoever. See www.cirp.org/library/normal/http://drmomma.blogspot.com/2009/09 , and for a video: http://www.doctorsopposingcircumcision.org/video/prepuce.html .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page