Blister on penis of 2 week old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-06-2013, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son is 18 days old, and today I noticed a blister on the very right tip of his penis! What in the wold is it from? It just appeared!

Melanie- Mama to my super hero daughter superhero.gif bravely battling brain cancer. ribbongrey.gif ribbongold.gif  www.fightformaddie.com  and expecting 1sttri.gif 1/13!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Congrats on your babe & for leaving him intact!

There were a few times I thought maybe my ds2 had a blister or something roundish, clear skin like.  I left it alone.  After a while I realized that it was just the way his skin was, like the skin down there near the tip is like that?  I can't explain this very well.  

Does he have any other symptoms?  How is he during diaper changes or when you potty him (if you're doing EC)?  

If he was born via c-section, has had abx., you've had them w/o doing work to counteract the abx, there is a history of yeast infections in you or your partner, allergies, asthma or other gut related issues, you may want to use infant probiotics on him (not adult ones - an infant until age 5-7 yo has different flora from adults), both internally & possibly on his skin.  If his doctor is foreskin knowledgable then you may want to check w/ him/her.  Also, Marilyn Milos is an RN & she started NOCIRC & she may be able to help w/ this.  You can find her at the NOCIRC.org website.

Best wishes,

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.

User Tag List