Could someone help me????. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-17-2013, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my two year is not circ'd. Today I noticed his penis is swollen and red....since his first diaper change of the day. I looked at it to see if there was any sign of infection or anything. Nothing obvious.
Also...he has never retracted....and well....the hole isn't big enough to retract if he wanted to....does that mean he will need a circ? The hole is pretty small....
#2 of 9 Old 05-17-2013, 10:46 AM

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)

I don't understand. You are saying he has never been retracted? This is good.What hole? You you meaning the opening of foreskin around the head?

well, I know someone will have advice for you but try not to stress it especially if it looks like there is no infection. Sometimes my son will get a little red from a diaper rash and it usually disappears in a day. Can you et him air dry for a bit?  

*hugs* to you. It can be so stressful when we want to best for our little ones. I do not think he needs to be cir. 

#3 of 9 Old 05-17-2013, 11:04 AM

no. retraction doesn't really happen this young. If he is a rare rare case of needing  a procedure it wont be an issue until he is much older. How red? The whole thing? Or just the skin at the tip?

#4 of 9 Old 05-17-2013, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

So...does the hole get bigger? And yes the whole thing is red....
#5 of 9 Old 05-17-2013, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Okay yes the hole that the head of penis would go out of is really quite small....and his whole penis is red and swollen. Letting him nap diaper free...
#6 of 9 Old 05-17-2013, 01:20 PM

Most boys don't retract until puberty, sometimes later, sometimes never (which is only a problem if it is uncomfortable for him). If he's still in diapers, I doubt he's of an age where this is something to pay any mind to. The hole is supposed to be quite small. It should close tightly over the head of the penis, and relax a bit when he urinates. This is a good thing. It protects his penis. As long as he can urinate, he's fine. What is they say? If he can pee, let it be? Something like that.

As for the irritated foreskin, I really wouldn't worry. It's likely just mild irritation from a wet diaper. You say it has been like that since his first diaper change of the day? More than likely he's had urine held against the skin for a good bit of time while he slept. The foreskin can get a diaper rash just like any other part of the diaper area. Depending on how irritated it is, I'd either let him go diaper free for a bit, or apply a little olive or coconut oil and then let him go diaper free.

#7 of 9 Old 05-17-2013, 04:50 PM

Agreed with above. That's just the foreskin doing its protective job. It inflames, so that the glans stay safe. Urine is sterile, but it irritates sensitive parts like the penis when it sits against it for too long. As long as you don't smell anything funky down there, he's fine. The foreskin may be inflamed, but I betcha everything internal is just fine, :) You could put what the above poster mentioned on him, to help the inflammation go down, um...I used aloe vera. Heck, if you're breastfeeding, you could even put breastmilk on it(it's a cure-all because of the antibodies!)

#8 of 9 Old 06-02-2013, 05:40 PM

The reddened foreskin shows that it is doing its job of protecting the head of the penis from the ammonia in the diaper.

#9 of 9 Old 06-02-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoS View Post

So...does the hole get bigger? And yes the whole thing is red....

Yes, the opening at the tip of the foreskin enlarges as the foreskin matures. As long as he can pee, everything is fine.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page