PLEASE HELP - my 4 year old son says his penis hurts and the foreskin is red - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-03-2013, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Please please help, Of course this happens during a holiday week. and i really don't want to rush to the doctor if not needed anyway. My 4 year old intact son is complaining of his penis hurting very badly. The tip of the foreskin is red, more than usual.

this started after we came back from a long day at the pool, I assumed he was  just chafed or irritated by his bathing suit and from being wet all day. So, I put some lansinoh creme on it, hoping it would help.  He said it did. this was Saturday night

Fast forward to today, he is really complaining. I have him in the tub right now. But he won't touch it because he says it hurts.

I dont think he has retracted himself yet, actually I am pretty positive he hasn't, because my other iintact son, 8 years old, tried to show him and he didn't/couldn't do it 

Please tell me what I need to look for, what I should do, and when to call a doctor. I am scared of googling and finding the wrong info.

Thank you so much

steph

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2013, 01:47 PM

Gosh, to be honest I would try a zinc based diaper rash cream or some aloe vera and just call the nurse to see what they say.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

If you are still nursing, some expressed milk may help.  I suspect it was way too much chlorine for his sensitive area.   Probably something soothing there - calendula lotion? Aloe?  Maybe some swishes in warm water?  For next time, you guys may want to take time out of the pool, bring some spring water to swish & rinse in & maybe look for a salt water pool?  

Best wishes,

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:33 AM

Since it happened after swimming my guess would be that it caused irritation. I would put soothing balm of some sort on it and my guess it will feel much better within 48 hours but if not then he has probably developed yeast or a slight infection and will need treatment for that.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

User Tag List