Blood in urine - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-11-2013, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just posted this in child health and realized it probably should of gone here. I haven't slept in like five years sorry. :-)

So my four year old was going to the bathroom last night and there were a couple of drops at the end when he was "dribbling" of blood.  He is not circumcised. So take him to the doc today and they give him an antibiotic for the cough he's had (he woke up with a stuffy nose today too) and the doc wants me to pull his foreskin back. I kinda nodded at the doc and just left. I wasn't going to argue. There was some microscopic blood in his urine sample today. They are sending the sample out for a culture and my son says he's not in pain. Besides the cough for the last couple of days and the stuffy nose he woke up with today he's been fine. I'm kinda at a loss for what to do. The doc said he had no clue what it is. Maybe a little irritation. I was wondering if any of you have had anything like this before.

Thank you!

Melissa aka worried momma

~Melissa
I've got a son named Trenton born Sept 15th, 2009 and a daughter named Graelyn born November 27th, 2012. Plus three furbabies, Thomas the cat, Chester the rabbit, and Henry the dog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2013, 09:12 AM

It could be something as simple as a spot of separation. If he had a UTI odds are he would be in pain but not always.

Wait until the resultscome back then go from there.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Old 10-11-2013, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you. I just thought it was weird the blood came as he was finishing vs during the whole time he was urinating.

~Melissa
I've got a son named Trenton born Sept 15th, 2009 and a daughter named Graelyn born November 27th, 2012. Plus three furbabies, Thomas the cat, Chester the rabbit, and Henry the dog.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:49 AM

Hi! I know the original post is older but was wondering if you found out where the blood was coming from? What were the test results? I just came back from the hospital with my 6yo intact son after 2 days of little dribbling blood drops after he pees. The doc tested his urine and she could see blood in the urine. She also it for further lab tests. His temperature is 37.8 degrees Celsius... So not really a fever yet just on the high side. He has NO symptoms at all, no pain anywhere. She prescribe me some antibiotics (Cefaclor to be exact!). We will get the tests results from the lab on Monday. But she ASSUMES it's a bladder infection. So she said he should take the meds right now. My problem with the situation is the following: why give me something without knowing exactly what's up??? I know it's suppose to be a general antibiotics but still!!! I never gave any antibiotics to my kids (I have 3)... And they are not vaccinated either! I truly believe the body is able to get rid of viruses and bacteria all alone. Should I give them to him or just wait for Monday? Or if he gets a high fever? He is totally normal. I don't want to risk the bacteria spreading to the kidneys either. I know it may sounds easy for some but for me it's a very very hard decision! What would you do? Thanks for all your help! And I hope the original poster found an answer too!

User Tag List