15 month old crying everytime we touch his penis - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-13-2013, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello Everyone! I am brand new to this site and just created an account after reading through some threads! So my son is 15 months old, only in our care, never has baby sitters or anything. He just started a couple days ago crying anytime we wipe him. So we tried touching to inspect his penis and he squirms and cries. His urine output is good, no fever, no redness, no puss, no anything! Is this a phase is this something normal with intact? Help!! We are new at this and don't have a clue what's going on. We don't want to take him in because they want to catheter him!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2013, 01:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Welcome!

My sons have not experienced separation pain but from reading here & elsewhere, it sounds like that's what it might be.  Warm baths w/o soap may help.  I think I've read of people using epsom salts in this bath but I can't be sure.  If you are nursing, you might dab some breastmilk on his foreskin.  You'd need to be cautious w/ that though as if he has or has had yeast issues, that may make them flare.  A doctor may suggest bacterial cream but I'd caution against that unless they know (via culture) that the problem is an infection.  Our genitals are suppose to have lots of friendly bacteria on them (like the rest of our bodies) and anything antibacterial will mess w/ that.

I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner.  Just saw this on Friday.  I hope he's better now.

Best wishes,

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.

User Tag List