:) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-09-2014, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I deleted this post on the request of my son.
We no longer need advice, and he'd rather not have info about his personal areas out on the web. smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2014, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Sorry, I can't tell you if this is serious or not.  What is your son's pain threshold?  Is he running a fever?  Green pus usually means infection to me and I would treat my child the same as I would for any other infected skin condition. . . with a careful eye on making sure there is complete healing.

My boy is only 6 months old and I have not had experience with what you are describing, but I know what I used when my girls had yoni irritation/infection/rashes and how I would adapt that to my boy if it did come up.  I would make a tea of white oak bark and echinacea (equal parts). 1 teaspoon dried cut and sifted herb for each 8 oz water.  Simmer 15 minutes.  Strain and keep in fridge up to 3 days.  Warm it to just warmer than body temp and then put it in a baby food jar or shot glass and then use a larger narrow jar or glass that would work for Dad.  Then put on an audio book or movie and have Dad and son sit for 10 minutes doing a penis soak in the warm tea.  Repeat at least once daily and continue until 2 days after the pain/irritation/pus disappears.  

If Dad and son are not up for doing the penis soak, I would keep a bottle of the tea in the bathroom and have him apply some of the liquid with a clean cotton ball every time he pees.

White Oak bark is an astringent.  Other herbs could be used if you can't access it:  Red Raspberry leaf, plantain leaf (not the banana plantain), yarrow leaf, manzanita leaf, or even black tea.

Some use diluted apple cider vinegar in the same way.  1/2 teaspoon in 1/2 cup water

Old 01-09-2014, 06:15 PM

A good epsom salt soak in the tub might help.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

He's totally cleared up now. No more problems. It was gone that day. smile.gif I really think it was from not changing underwear.

User Tag List