what do I need to know about intact care? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-31-2014, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First time posting in this forum as my dc is a girl, but we are about to have a boy. smile.gif dh and I are passionate about not circing and will be having a homebirth so I'm not too concerned. But I am wondering the basics of intact care. I changed my brothers' diapers and boys I babysat but they were all circed, as is my poor dh. So I guess if you knowledgeable women could please educate me on all the do's and don't s and whatever else I may need to know. Also, perhaps give me some good resources. Thank you!

Wife to dh_malesling.GIF ; Mama to A (M/C at 16wks 2011) angel1.gif and love-of-my-life DD M (BORN May 2012) luxlove.gif and S (M/C at 7wks June 2013) angel1.gif and rainbow1284.gif Rainbow Baby due in April 2014 3rdtri.gifjoy.gif
h20homebirth.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2014, 08:29 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Congratulations!  And, how wonderful for you & your babe that your dh is on board.  Many mamas-to-be aren't so lucky.

It's really pretty simple.  Just wipe like a finger, from base to tip.  I practiced EC w/ my youngest from the time he was 3 days old & I never really wiped his penis, only the few times he pooped & it got on it.  Even w/ regular diapering (which I did w/ my older son, until he was 1), I just always wiped it like it wasn't much different than the rest of him.  There's a sphincter at the end of it that is opened to pee & then closes, or so I've read.  So there shouldn't be any poop getting into it.

I believe there's an intact care pamphlet at www.nocirc.org.  There may be intact care info at www.doctorsopposingcircumcision.org as well.

Best wishes!
Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.

User Tag List