Severe Ballooning in 10 month old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-14-2014, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Severe Ballooning in 10 month old

Hi there,

Brand new to this site and I am really hoping for some support/advice.

My baby has been having some issues for the last 4 months. He has been diagnosed with phimosis which I know is unlikely for a 10 month old. The problem is, when he needs to urinate, he balloons up. Internally. He has buried penis and his entire pubic area swells. Like, to the size of a tennis ball. I need to put pressure on that area to get the urine out. He does not seem in pain and has never had an infection. I began a steroid cream 4 days ago and he is scheduled for a circumcision. I really do not one for him. Im at a loss. Has anyone ever gone thru this?? I cant seem to find any info on the net regarding this.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 06-15-2014, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Your little guy is way too young to be diagnosed with phimosis. Ballooning is normal in children where the foreskin is no longer attached to the glans but the sphincter at the tip of the foreskin is still tight (as it should be - it is designed that way to keep contaminants out and only relaxes during urination). DrMomma has a great article on this.

However, I think you have something way different going on when you say your DS swells to the size of a tennis ball, and that you have to put pressure on in order to express the urine. I am not a doctor, but I would definitely cancel the circumcision until this is figured out. Often, as with hypospadias, the foreskin tissue is required in the repair. To loose it beforehand might be disastrous.

Good luck to both of you - let us know how you make out.
#3 of 4 Old 06-15-2014, 07:40 PM

If you circ him the buried penis the worst thing possible is to have him circed as it will be a lot worse. And since it is severe he may even form scar tissue that attaches inside the fat pad. You need to cancel the circ ASAP and fine a foreskin friendly Dr.

Marilyn Milos is an RN and founder of NOCIRC you can call her and she will talk to you and help you find someone to see your ds.

NOCIRC
PO Box 2512
San Anselmo
CA 94979-2512

info@nocirc.org
Phone: 415-488-9883
Fax: 415-488-9660

nocirc.org

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#4 of 4 Old 06-16-2014, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

I canceled the circ and am actively seeking a dr to help us. In the meantime, using the steroid cream and hoping for the best. Its been a bit better the last day or two. Im just hoping beyond hope it will all work out!!

Tags
ballooning , buried , phimosis , steroid

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page