Five year old has red and swelling on penis - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-20-2014, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Five year old has red and swelling on penis

Help! I don't know what to do. Ds is 5, intact, no problems.

He uses pull up diapers at night, and I noticed his penis was red and swollen around the middle area tonite as I helped him pull the diapers on

Not sure why or what to do. I did ask him to pee (he did). He said it hurts a bit. He fell asleep easily, so it wasn't too painful,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 06-20-2014, 11:12 PM

I would watch it for now and see how it looks in 24 hours. A lot of time it will disappear on its own in that length of time. I would do a warm soak in a bath as well.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 4 Old 06-21-2014, 07:16 AM - Thread Starter

This morning a lump of whitish yellow "pus" or "gunk" was at the opening and when ds urinated the lump fell out. The penis is still red, more than last night, but I think the swelling has gone down some. Its still a bit swollen, but not as much I don't think.

My guess- separation?? I'm going to continue to watch for signs of infevtion and make sure he doesn't get a fever or get redder or more swollen... But I think this might be separation, and a doctor in my area might do more harm than good. (Not an intact friendly area)
#4 of 4 Old 06-21-2014, 08:54 PM

It certainly has all the signs of separation.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page