Crying when peeing. Help? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

Old 06-28-2014, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Crying when peeing. Help?

My sister's intact son (just over a year old) is crying when he's peeing and has a very little bit of red swelling at tip. Her doctors office's advice was to retract and clean (which they said she should be doing regularly). Fortunately my sister is one smart chicka and told them to piss off (actually no, she told them that her "previous pediatrician" had told her that was damaging and to never do that. Thank you MDC.) But now...? What to do???

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

Last edited by Carlyle; 06-29-2014 at 05:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2014, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
The sister here. . I just gave him a bath with salt. I used regular table salt cUse that's all I have...was that ok? He was crying SO badly beforehand when he peed, and the tip of his foreskin is red and swollen. I tried just gently massaging it in the water, not more than what I would do when trying to clean his penis after a messy poop...is that ok? The opening is very red and has a white ring. Also, I put some mama milk on it and then went and read that the sugars in mama milk are exactly the wrong thing to use with a possible yeast infection. I feel like I'm striking out all over here. I should add he seems to be refusing water though he'll nurse, and he spit up a few times, which is unusual though it was definitely spit-up. Please help! Even hubby is saying we should retract and clean. I feel so alone and unprotected!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 06-28-2014, 11:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It could be some mild tears in the foreskin from him playing with it causing burning when he urinates. I would use some OTC bacatracin on it and see if that helps. Epsome salt baths can be good. Soaking in the tub is OK and will help if he pee's in there to stop the sting.

You are 100% right about retracting and cleaning that will cause more harm in the long run.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Old 06-29-2014, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Any more advice on this? How is it doing today? (ETA: he's only a little over a year old)

Last edited by Carlyle; 06-29-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
This happened to my son, his doctor prescribed something for it, it was a yeast infection. Get it treated and DON'T RETRACT!
Old 06-30-2014, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the response! She got in to see her regular doctor today (or yesterday?) and they said it was yeast like you did. She has some cream for it now, and her regular doctor was savvy to the correct care (phew!).

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

Old 06-30-2014, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Thanks everybody! He's doing MUCH better now on the nystatin. I'm so glad to have my happy smiley boy back. Seeing him in pain was so hard!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 07-01-2014, 07:26 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Yay! I'm glad he's feeling better!
Old 07-25-2014, 12:28 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Glad he is feeling better. A bath with baking soda with coconut oil dabbed on after woulds is soothing. Salt could sting.

User Tag List