How to Start a Due Date Club - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 06-25-2012, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)

Due Date Clubs

All Due Date Clubs (DDCs) are created as Social Groups. 

Social Groups allow members to create "clubs" to discuss topics of shared interest - in this case, their pregnancy, birth and beyond. Many DDC members become firm friends and stay in the DDC to discuss their babe's development, toddlerhood, and childhood. So a DDC is a place to seek information, get advice, share experiences and knowledge and banter away.

A DDC can be Open or Closed:

• Open Membership: Anyone may join by clicking the "Join" button.
  • Closed Membership: Membership is by approval. Clicking the join button initiates a PM to the DDC Leader requesting membership. A DDC Leader must approve all new members.

How To Start a Due Date Club

All of our current Due Date Clubs are here. To start a new Due Date Club read the information, guidelines, and rules below and then send a PM to me to request a DDC and apply to be its leader. In your post, include the month of the DDC and whether it will be open or closed. Each DDC should ideally have two volunteer group leaders.

How Due Date Clubs Work

DDCs are moderated by a DDC Leader. DDC Leaders are responsible for upholding the integrity of a group by making sure that participation by members follows the User Agreement

Each DDC will have its own forum and the group page will list the members of the group and include a "Join" button to allow new members to join.

All content in all Due Date Clubs is visible to the public, but only group members may contribute content and participate. So, only members of the DDC can post or upload photos to its gallery.

How to Use Due Date Clubs

After you've joined a Due Date Club, it will show up in a box on your profile page. When you tag your DDC, it can be promoted as "Related Groups" in relevant areas of the site in the same way that Related Forum Threads and Related Articles now appear in the right column of various pages.

Due Date Club Leaders

DDC Leaders are the members in charge of a DDC; the member who creates a DDC is the first Lead and may appoint additional DDC Leaders.

What can a DDC Leader do?

• Receive join requests (for closed DDCs) and approve or deny them.
  • Edit the DDC description and change the thumbnail image.
  • Ban a member, making it impossible for that member to re-join the DDC.
  • Remove images from the shared gallery.
  • Send a PM to all members at once.
  • Promote other members to DDC Leader (there can be more than one leader in the same DDC).
  • Demote him/herself to a regular DDC member.

What a DDC Leader can’t do?

• Change the name of the DDC 
  • Demote another Leader back to a regular member (this must be done by the member or a Mothering Administrator).
  • Act as a moderator within the DDC forum (e.g., delete/edit others' posts and threads, etc.).

Due Date Clubs Rules

We follow the same User Agreement for the social groups as we do for the rest of the site. Respect fellow forum members and you won't have any problems.

Remember, your posts are public and are visible to fellow members. DDC members should not place posts to discuss other members or other forum or group threads. 

If you are interested in starting a Social Group for some other specific interest, read this.

#2 of 14 Old 06-28-2012, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter
Administrator

thumb.gif

#3 of 14 Old 11-30-2012, 05:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would like to start a DDC for July 2013. I do not mind if it is open or closed, whatever you think works best is fine by me. smile.gif Let me know if you need more info or anything else. Thank you, Megan.
#4 of 14 Old 11-30-2012, 06:14 PM

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to pm then figured out there is already a DDC for July. Now I can't figure out how to delete posts so ya..sorry again!
#5 of 14 Old 12-01-2012, 04:52 PM

I see July 2012, but not July 2013. I am also looking to start/join a July 2013 club.

#6 of 14 Old 12-01-2012, 05:34 PM

The new DDCs are actually under the group section. You can find it by using the blue drop down on the top menu bar called "Community". It's on the right side. That drop down menu includes groups which is where all the new DDCs are listed. Good luck! http://www.mothering.com/community/groups/

Tiffany love.gif , wife to DH geek.gif, mom of DD1 10/09 energy.gif, DD2 4/12/13 baby.gif, and two dog2.gif
#7 of 14 Old 12-27-2012, 01:53 PM

I would like a due date fa june 2013
#8 of 14 Old 12-28-2012, 01:18 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Hi and welcome to Mothering!

The June 2013 Due Date Club has already been started. It is here: http://www.mothering.com/community/groups/show/40/june-2013-due-date-club

#9 of 14 Old 02-08-2013, 08:10 AM

Hi I'm an Ontario mom of 2 going for a double vbac early October! Would love to connect with others who have experience or knowledge in this area...it is a tough area to find support.
#10 of 14 Old 02-09-2013, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Hi sferg76 and welcome! The October 2013 Due Date Club is open. It's here: http://www.mothering.com/community/groups/show/45/october-2013-due-date-club Just click the Join This Group button and you can begin posting and connect with the other moms due in October.

The list of all Due Date Clubs that are open is here: http://www.mothering.com/community/groups/tagged/tag/due-date-clubs

thumb.gif

#11 of 14 Old 02-21-2013, 07:32 AM

I would like to start a DDC for April 2013. My twins are due on the 15th of April 2013. I am also brand new to this site so I have to learn a lot about it.
#12 of 14 Old 02-21-2013, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Hi alyxashx92 and welcome to Mothering! Congratulations on your pregnancy. love.gif

The April 2013 Due Date Club is already open and has 172 members! You'll find it here: http://www.mothering.com/community/groups/show/36/april-2013-due-date-club

Just click on the Join This Group button. 

#13 of 14 Old 02-23-2013, 10:06 AM

Is there a November 2013 DDC yet? I'm a longtime lurker on MDC, just got my BFP today, and can't wait to join my DDC! 

cat.gifJonesie's best girlread.gif 

pos.gif with our first, due in November. We can't wait to:femalesling.GIFsigncirc1.gifbfinfant.gifcd.gifhomeschool.giffamilybed1.gif

***4***8***12***16***2ndtri.gif***24***28***32***36***40**

#14 of 14 Old 02-25-2013, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Hi Jonesiesgirl and welcome! Congratulations on your pregnancy. joy.gif

Another member - onemoreontheway - contacted me to ask for the November 2013 DDC to be opened as well. We need two coleaders for the group to be opened. Would you like to contact her by PM and see if you can share co-leadership?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page