Toronto Breastfeeding Challenge 2013 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-02-2013, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This event is going to be amazing, Sarah and Heidi are killing themselves to make it so--We need lots of Mamas and Babes to attend.

Please spread the word!

The 2013 Annual Toronto Breastfeeding Challenge will be hosted for the first time this year by Evymama Nursing & Maternity. The event, titled "The Ladies Who Latch", will take place at 918 Bathurst Street in the Great Hall, from 10am to 12pm on Saturday, October 5th, with registration beginning at 9:30am. Participants will enjoy a live musical performance by Toronto singer-songwriter Gavin Slate, a breastfeeding fashion show, a baby and child judo demonstration, and hors d’oeuvres, with the official latch-on taking place at 11am. All mothers and their nurslings of all ages are welcome to attend in numbers.

Participants are invited to register in advance to avoid waiting in line on the event date by calling Evymama staff at [416] 465.9991, [416] 913.0546.

About The Breastfeeding Challenge

The Breastfeeding Challenge is a worldwide breastfeeding community event coordinated by The Quintessence Foundationand taking place yearly at “latch-on” sites all over the globe at a designated time. In an effort to raise awareness of the importance of Breastfeeding, individual sites participate in this friendly competition, all attempting to have the most children breastfeeding in one place at the same time.

Businesses or individuals wishing to sponsor this event, to exhibit their WHO-code compliant products or services, or to contribute to SWAG bags should contact Evymama Management at their earliest convenience:

Sarah LeMay, President, Evymama
sarahkaplan [at] evymama.ca

Heidi McDonald, Manager, Evymama East
(416) 465.9991 
heidimcdonald [at] evymama.ca

"With the thoughts I'd be thinkin', I could be another Lincoln,

If I only had a brain."duh.gif

#2 of 4 Old 10-05-2013, 10:07 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

How did the event go?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 4 Old 10-09-2013, 06:09 AM - Thread Starter

Okay, second try.

Somehow a finished reply just disappeared. More coffee needed.:coffee

The Breastfeeding challenge was, of course, fabulous.

Very nice atmosphere, 65 mamas and babes were counted in the official latch-on.

The Swag Bags were amazing, the door prizes spectacular.

Evymama will be sponsoring next year as well.

Contact sarahkaplan@evymama.ca or info@evymama.ca if you are interested in participating in any way--

as a sponsor or donor.

Pregnant and or breastfeeding models will be needed for the fashions show as well!

Nurse and be counted!

"With the thoughts I'd be thinkin', I could be another Lincoln,

If I only had a brain."duh.gif

#4 of 4 Old 03-27-2014, 09:36 PM

Wow that would be interesting to see! I must have missed it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page