Mothering Forum banner

Concerned mom needs help!

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Dr Neustaedter 
#1 ·
My son has had a rash (bumps) for two months... Dx'd with eczema at that time. Took him back to Ped on Wednesday and he was then Dx'd with scabies?! It has been two months of rash, which has increased in intensity and spreading. Head, neck, back, diaper line and random bumps on his legs, the odd one on his foot or hand, face. My son was prescribed Linlane lotion after which reading the warnings... I think I had a panic attack. After another sleepless night with a itchy child, I put it on him Thursday night and washed it off yesterday morning. This AM, after a child writhing throughout the early morning hours and digging at his face and head, bumps have now populate his jawline, neck and two bumps on either side of his "hoo hoo" have popped up along with several others in various locations. I am clueless as to what to do because I thought scabies was highly contagious and if he has scabies, possibly for the past two months, wouldn't the entire household be looking for a scratching post also??? Any guidance would be appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.