Mothering Forum banner

Sanding paint while expecting..and freaking out!

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Dr Neustaedter 
#1 ·
Yesterday I had a phone call, and thought ohh I can do this with one hand. So I started sanding the base boards in the nursery. They are painted with oil based paint and I want to prime then paint them with a fresh coat. I did have an open window, and was only using a small little piece of sandpaper, but for some reason I was not wearing a mask. I feel like an idiot. I am 5 months along. And this is our first. Our home is old but we don't think the part I was sanding was lead,.....however I am totally freaked out...could hardly sleep for worrying I read the other threads but there wasn't my exact situation. Has anyone been here? Any advice?

#2 ·
First, get a lead testing kit at the hardware store and test the baseboards. If you are concerned about your exposure then the best plan is to start taking detox supplements including chlorella tablets, zeolite powder to clear toxins, and n-acetyl cysteine to promote your body's production of the antioxidant glutathione. Finally, don't worry. I'm sure your baby will be fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.