Is pneumovax a good idea? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-10-2013, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

I'm looking for a second opinion.  My son just turned 4 years old and has not received any vaccinations yet.  A quick bit of background:  at 6 months old, he had severe eczema, severe food allergies (IgE 1600) and suspected asthma.  We began (and continue) using Traditional Chinese Medicine with a doctor at Mt. Sinai Hospital in NYC and his eczema has cleared totally and his IgE has dropped to 287.  The suspected asthma is now confirmed.  He has had pneumonia twice, confirmed by chest x-ray.  Since we are 7 hours from NYC, we recently sought out a local allergist.  Based on my son's history with pneumonia, this new doctor thinks the pneumovax vaccine would be very helpful.  What do you think?  

Thank you so much for your time and insight into our situation.

Kindest Regards,

Jennifer  

#2 of 2 Old 01-11-2014, 08:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Here's the problem. Vaccines clearly contribute to the problem of overproduction of antibodies and the tendencies for children to develop allergies and asthma. Since you haven't vaccinated I assume you have decided the adverse effects of vaccines outweigh the possible benefits, and/or you have decided that vaccines don't work. You need to weigh this previous decision against the possibility that the vaccine will have a protective effect against pneumonia. However, you need to be aware that this vaccine is only designed to effect the development of pneumococcal pneumonia. Many cases of pneumonia in children are viral, so the vaccine won't help with that. I would encourage you to consult with your Chinese medicine practitioner to develop a protective program for his respiratory issues - strengthen the respiratory and immune systems. Alternatively, I would be happy to consult with you to accomplish this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page