The Big Thank You Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-27-2012, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Please post here with your thanks!  Remember to use your FIN # in your post so your helpers can identify you.

Thank you to all the helpers!!

Edited to add: If you are a family in need, please check your private messages for the HH username to use in order anonymously post your thanks. smile.gif

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yay I get to go first!!  joy.gif

We just received 2 packages today from Kathryn, it brought me to tears. Two beautiful blankets and a ukulele for my son. The ukulele will go under the tree, he is going to love it! It's snowing outside & we have been cuddling up under the blankets all afternoon, DS has been playing "house" and "pregnant belly" under them. :) I wasn't expecting anything like this, we would have been happy with used cast-offs. It has been a long, long time since we've had anything brand-new in our house and it felt so special to receive. We truly appreciate it and feel so loved. love.gif

Thank you.

FIN #24

Old 11-27-2012, 07:31 PM

Received from FIN #2 via PM:

Can you please let 'Lisa' know her amazon package arrived.  I was sobbing in my car at the post office today.  The art supplies are wonderful and DS is going to love the nintendo game.  Her generosity is much appreciated.

hh2.gif  Help make a family's holiday a little brighter joy.gif

Old 11-28-2012, 10:14 AM

Thank you(s) from FIN#6

I have a few Thank yous to write...

1.) To the mama who sent my boys Cars® toys and clothes: This is the second year in a row you've donated a huge box of Cars toys and clothes to my family! I just couldn't believe the HUGE box that arrived at our house full of awesome toys, PJs and shirts. I was brought to tears by your generosity! They are going to be sooo thrilled to open them for Christmas this year! And I am so, very grateful that they are going to have some awesome new toys to play with! My oldest told me that he wants monster trucks for Christmas this year, he is just going to LOVE the Cars Monster Truck set! My 3 year old loves to draw and color, and that art set is perfect for him! THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

2.) To the mama who sent my DH Dominion: Thank you so so so much! DH just loves new board games, and our whole family loves to get together to play them. I know he is going to love this one; he's been asking for Dominion for a while. I can't wait until we can play it! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! 

3.) To the mama who sent a Kroger card: This is going to be so helpful to be able to buy the little things we need around the house and for the kiddos in diapers. We are so low on funds this month, we've been cashing in our spare change jar to get household supplies.. not having to worry if we run out of money for diapers this month takes a huge worry off my shoulders! Thank you so much for your generosity! 

4.) To the mama who sent Cars® Pez: These are going to be perfect stocking stuffers! My oldest boys love Pez toys/candy, and I'm so happy we have a little something for their stockings this year! Thank you! 

Old 11-28-2012, 10:23 PM

Thank you to the family that sent a package from amazon for us.  Movies, books, snacks,  a CD and many other treasures are going to be loved by my children and is deeply appreciated by their parents.  I wish I knew who you were so I could somehow give you a better thank you as a post on a message board doesn't seem fitting for your kindness and generosity.

My family wishes your family a Happy, Safe and Blessed Christmas Season.  Thank you again!!

I found an envelope that had slipped out of the mail when I went to feed animals last night.  THANK YOU for the Harry Potter Lego.  My 10 year old whom just discovered Harry and love legos, will love this.  Merry Christmas :)

Old 11-29-2012, 12:51 AM

I have two thank you's~

1.) To the holiday helper that sent the books and sockmonkey set. Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to creating one of the sock monkey's for my daughter. Your card was very sweet as well. Merry Christmas to you!

2.) To Kathryn who sent us a wonderful package from Amazon filled with a brand new book my older son will love and a new family board game we had all wanted. My children and I appreciate your generosity. Thank you for thinking of us and have a beautiful Christmas.

FIN #5

Old 11-29-2012, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Posted for FIN #17

Quote:

I want to thank everyone who has helped out my family and all the families in need.  I can't even express how amazing being part of the HH program has been.  I want to thank the mama who sent me a new winter coat and snowpants.  They are the warmest things I've ever worn and in such a beautiful color.  It seems like it's grey all winter here, so I love to wear bright colors to break up the monotony. I can't wait for it to snow so that I can go out and play in the snow with my boys!! 

Also, we recieved from the same HH UA cold wear for my oldest son.  He just had surgery, and won't be able to get back to running until after Christmas.  He'll be so excited to be able to get back to running and be warm!  We also recieved some new white t-shirts for my dh and a new belt.  He's lost a lot of weight over the year and all his belts are too small.  Getting a belt that fits always seems to fall to the end of the list, so this is great!   We also recieved some other wonderful things from this HH, and I can not expres the joy and relief these gifts have brought to my dh and I, and I know my kids will be out of their mind in excitement.

Quote:

Another amazing helper sent us the movie Brave and two starwars games for my kids.  They will absolutely love these! 

It was as struggle for me to decide to ask for help this year.  I am so happy that I did so. 

Also a huge thank you for the holiday helper who sent us a Whole Foods gift card!  I'm going to save it to get some gluten, dairy, egg free treats to stuff the boys stockings with!  Thank you so much! 

Quote:
Also, thank you to the HH who send the pink and purple PJs.  They match the winter coat I recieved so well, that my dh said I should wear them out to get the boys on the bus!  lol.gif

Quote:

Additional thanks to the wonderful HH who sent us a gift card to Whole Foods.  I'm saving it to get the boys some gluten, dairy, egg free goodies for their stockings!  Thank you so much. 

I also want to thank GladRags for the amazing pads you sent.  I am actually excited to get my period this month!  I don' t know if I've ever said that before.  :)

Quote:

More thank yous!

I also want to thank the family that send us art supplies and lollipops (I snuck one!)!  Ds3 will be so excited and I can't wait to see what he makes!

Big thanks to the HH who send clothes for my kids and a gift card for shoes for my husband!  I am so excited to see their eyes when they open everything! 

love.gif

Quote:

I want to thank the Holiday Helper who send me a whole box of books!  I'm so excited to sit down and read them all!  I already started one!  :)

I also want to thank the wonderful HH who send me a very comfy pair of yoga pants.  I changes right from my PJs into the pants, and I honestly can't decide which ones were more comfortable. 

Quote:

To Jen who send us the scribbish game and the fuzzy socks, thank  you so much!  It looks like such a fun game to play with the family.  I know there will be lots of giggling to come!  And I am wearing the socks right now.  They are so warm and comfy!  :)

Quote:

Thank you so much for the beautiful green and blue pocket book that I recieved!  It brightened up my Christmas outfit perfectly!  We also recieved 2 packages of Magic Cards, and they made absolutely perfect stocking stuffers.  The boys have been playing everyday since then!

Thank you to all the wonderful HH and facilitators for all they have done for my family.  I was so overwhelmed to see all the presents under the tree this year.  The boys were thrilled and they learned alot about the meaning of Christmas this year.  Much love to you all!

Old 11-30-2012, 01:52 PM

I came home from an appt, to find more boxes waiting for our family.  I was really surprised, since we have been more than blessed already. Thank you to all of the helpers that helped our family. My heart is filled with love and gratitude at your generosity and love.  All of the items are and will be perfect and very loved.

Merry Christmas,

FIN #4 

Old 11-30-2012, 03:37 PM

Hello glorious gals

I would like to take a moment to express my gratitude and thanks for all that you have done for my family this holiday season. My kids and I are truly appreiative of the generosity from other MDC mamas. And a special thanks for the mamas that are organizing holiday helpers this year and years in the past.

My dd truly enjoys the new backpack a kind mama on here sent for her as her old one was not zipping anymore so she started using it before the holidays. Thank you so much for helping my dd with this.

Blessings

Old 11-30-2012, 06:41 PM

from FIN#1

to the Sherman family- thanks so much for the new church shoes for my son. he loves wearing his little suits to church, and didnt like having to wear his tennis shoes. He was at his Dads for thanksgiving when the package arrived, but he wore them to church this Sunday, and he loves them. theyre awesome, thank you so much! Thank you too for the gift card to sprouts, we love shopping there too, but dont often get to go. it arrived the day after thanksgiving, but dont worry, it will be put to good use.

to the mama who sent my ds 2 toys for his pirate ship- i was so surprised to get that package from amazon. he got the pirate ship alst year for christmas, and i know he will loves adding these toys to his play. that serpent looks very cool.

to Kelly- thanks so much for that box of books for my mom (and the hair ties ), she will love them (and so will i when shes done, lol) we're big readers in this house, so they will be loved. i saw some authors i know she likes.

thanks again for blessing my family this year, and i hope you all have a wonderful christmas grouphug.gif

Old 12-05-2012, 03:43 PM

Where do I even begin?????  This pregnancy has been by far the hardest one ever.  After spending several days in the hospital (again) with preterm labor I arrived home weary and feeling very heartbroken that things aren't going right.  I've been on bed rest for weeks, and have many more to endure, which means we have to get by with much less money than we would if I were able to work.  Anyways, I came home, and to  my suprise found three packages from wonderful HH mamas.  The first package had some much needed winter shirts, sweaters, onesies for both of the twins  :)  A huge thank you to that mama!  And then there were two boxes with maternity and nursing clothes in them.  I can't explain how wonderful this is.  I was wondering how'd we would afford new nursing tanks and shirts with being so short on money, but as I pulled one shirt after another out of the boxes, I cried tears of joy.  To both of our helpers, thank you so much. YOu have made one family very happy and we are forever grateful.  May you be blessed in return this holiday season!---  FIN#22

Old 12-05-2012, 09:32 PM

From FIN #13...

Thank you so much to the Mama who sent work boots for my oldest son and a pair of jeans for me.  I had to get into the jeans early- I now own two pairs of pants- but the work boots will be under the tree Christmas morning.  My son takes carpentry in school, LOVES it, and has been asking for workboots, the required footwear, for several months now.  He's gonna be so excited Christmas morning!  Thank you so much!  joy.gif

Old 12-06-2012, 02:15 PM

38x38px-ZC-14af9a42_avatar-230-5.jpg
HHThankYous
Today at 1:13 pm

I am FIN #10, and I wanted to thank some families for their incredible generousity and thoughtfulness! To the mama that send the blue Mp3 player for my daughter, it is just perfect! I've had a ton of fun searching our library database for cds to load onto it for her and am on the waitlist for several really good ones so that is working out perfectly. I can just imagine how much she is going to be able to enjoy slipping off into her own private world of music when the household full of younger siblings gets hectic. So, thank you very much!

I would also love to thank the family that ordered the wonderful bow and arrow set off Amazon for my son. He is going to be thrilled and is the perfect age for this...You are so kind to extend such generousity to the kids of a stranger, I am really, really touched!

Blessings and love and thanks to all of the exceptional people involved in the HH program, makes me so hopeful and grateful that our situation and that of the world as a whole can only improve with such kindness and light swirling around...

Old 12-06-2012, 04:14 PM

I would like to thank the mama who sent the Amazon package. My DS are going to be so excited when they open the lincoln logs and the books that they requested. Thank you so much!!!!

I would like to thank the mama that sent my baby the 12 month summer clothes. He is wearing them right now!

Thank you to the mama who sent the pegasus and the science set. They will be well used.

Than you for the Gladrags. I always wanted to try them out and now I get too!!!

Thank you so much to all the wonderful mama's involved in this. You don't know how much you are appreciated. :)

Love FIN#18

Old 12-07-2012, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Posted for FIN #7

Quote:
A BIG Thank you to Laura in California for the Doc Mc Stuffings Toys,puzzle and clothes she sent to my little one..I appreciate it so much and she is going to be in heaven when she opens up the "Doc" toys..She loves her:)))

Another thank you passed on from FIN

Quote:

A BIG thank you to John in California..Your box arrived from Disney today and I can tell you my llittle granddaughter is just going to love the dressup Rapunzel outfit and the stuffed Pluto:) Thank you so much for helping making her Christmas special!!

Another thank you!

Quote:

To Amanda Anderson in California...THANK YOU!!!!The winter coat and snow pants you sent to my little one are just beautiful and she loves them:)) And they came just in time..A day and half later we got our first BIG snow and I was so worried about that because we had to leave all her winter gear behind when we left the other state...Truely a prayer answered...

To Kathryn..Thank you so much more the Olivia Book and the Underwear you send to my little girl..She needed the underwear so much and she is going to love that book!!It is entirely appropriate too because L is going through a Diva/Princess stage right now:))

To the Sowdons in VA...I think I got the state right..I couldn't read the writing but I think you will know who I am talking about:) Thank you for the clothes,lotions/soap and stocking stuffers you sent...She is going to love those stocking stuffers on Christmas Eve..New games to play!!! Yay!!!

To Bethany..Thank you so much for sending my little one the jeans,undershirts and the coloring book...She really needed those undershirts living where we are and is using them already!! The coloring book will go into her stocking and she loves to color!! Tell your children they are so thoughtful and kind think of her in that way and she is going to love their present to her:))

To Leah(I hope I got your name right, I couldn't read the writing very well)..Thank you sosoooo much for your large box of gifts for my little one...She LOVES the dress up play clothes you sent:))) That fairy costume is a favorite!! Thank you for the clothes,games,trinkets and everything else I am forgetting to write down...I am using the little backpack you sent for her stocking...She is going to love it:))

We also recieved two boxes from Amazon containing a Doc McStuffins toy and Doc McSTuffins puzzles..It didn't say who sent then but I can tell you she is going to love them!!! Thank you so much for helping to make my little one's Christmas wishes come true....

Old 12-09-2012, 05:11 AM

From FIN #20

To our Christmas Angel!

We are *so* grateful for the wonderful mama who took us under her wing this year!  We had food showing up at our door almost every day and feasted upon delicious soups and casseroles (and the kids on the Spaghetti-Os, lol)!  I have presents to wrap for under the tree, and it’s been like Christmas here as well, with UPS knocking on our door!  Every time the kids heard a knock, they would squeal around the room "special delivery!  Special delivery!"  It’s incredibly humbling to have someone out there who has shown so much kindness to our family.  I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart.  You have truly been a holiday miracle for me.  <3  And if I can repay your kindness with my craftiness, please let me know!  I'll make you something beautiful.

Thank you so much again!

Old 12-09-2012, 05:06 PM

Dear Sherman Family in Az.

Thank you so much for toe socks for my oldest daughter she is going to be so excited on christmas morning to open these. she has been asking for them for a long while and we just didnt have the extra money to spend on them. Also thank you so much for the Brainquest workbook for my middle daughter she is going to be so excited on christmas morning to be able to do "real homework" like her big sister. she asks on a daily basis and I always write out things for her to copy but this workbook will not only help reinforce what she learns in kindergarten but will make her feel like a big kid becuase they are in a workbook so they look like what she does in school and me writing it out isnt as exciting for her. 

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making christmas brighter for my children. 

FIN#9

Old 12-09-2012, 06:38 PM

Wow, how do I put it to words how much this means to our family? Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for blessing us so much this Christmas!

To the family who sent the car seat for DS#1: He was so excited to get his new "big boy chair." It is a wonderful seat and so great that he can use it until he is done with seats. This was a huge burden you lifted off our shoulders. Thank you!

To the family who sent the art supplies/puzzle/Lego's: We have already used some of the supplies. We got two different boxes; the first had the construction paper and some other things. I had decided to use some of the paper to make a countdown to Christmas chain, but needed glue sticks. The next day we got another box (!) this one with glue sticks!! It was perfect and the boys and I had a great time making the chain and use it everyday to count how many days left until Christmas. I am going to wrap the other art supplies for under the tree. (I personally can't wait to use the stickers. winky.gif) I just found out today that DS2 loves to put together a large floor puzzle at the Church nursery, so I know he is going to love the Fire Truck puzzle. DS1 will be excited to start his Lego collection! Thank you!

To Kelly (and family) who sent the diapers/pants: Twins equals lots of diapers and having cloth to use will save us sooooo much money. Thank you for passing them onto us; it's great they are gender neutral so I can use them on both babies. The pants you sent are fabulous, they are in such great shape, they look new and fit great! It's nice to have pants that fit (none of my old ones did after I had the twins). Thank you for the PJ pants too! I needed a new pair but that goes to the very bottom of the list so I was so excited to get that surprise. They are super comfy and cute!

Thank you also to Glad Rags and Thirsties!

A BIG thank you to Queen of the Meadow and the other mods who make this happen and coordinate all the threads and PMs. I'm sure it is no small job and we appreciate your time and work!

With all our love,

FIN#23

Old 12-09-2012, 10:50 PM

From FIN#1

thanks so much to the family who sent us (what feels like) a board game... i didnt unwrap it, we're saving it for Christmas mornign. DS was there when the mail man brought it, and we told him sometimes Santa uses the mail to send things early so he's not so busy on Christmas eve :) i look forward to opening it, and will update after Christmas.

Thank you :)

Old 12-10-2012, 01:45 PM

From FIN #16

Thank you to Tracy for the great gift box!  It was so nice to see a little treat for me!  I'm going to have some of the yummy looking tea and cookies this afternoon!  Hmm, and may have a caramel after that!  Also, thank you so very much for the Whole Foods gift card!  It couldn't have come at a better time!  Can't wait to go grocery shopping!

You are so kind for reaching out!

Old 12-10-2012, 02:12 PM

From FIN#1

Santa came again today :) came home from school to packages from the postman

thanks to the helper who sent my mom a coat. she didnt have much more than a hoody, and we're supposed to get our first hard freeze tonight, so i think im goign to give it to her early. it will be a big help.

thanks to the helper who sent my son the jammies. its starting to get cold here (finally!) and we dont usually run the heat at night, to keep electricity costs down, and he is terrible about keeping a blanket on. plus he just plain loves footie jammies.... i have to hide them in the summer so he doesnt try to sleep in the texas heat in fleece jammies :) he will love them

and to the helper that sent something for me... i started to open the package, then saw it was wrapped, and decided to wait. i dont know that i'll have anything under the tree, so it'll be nice to have something to open on christmas morning.

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-10-2012, 04:37 PM

FIN#25 here:

We received a big package of clothes for our youngest ds in the mail today from a family in Germany! The clothes are perfect, just what he needs for this winter. And thank you for the shoes! Those are his first baby shoes (and maybe now people will stop giving me a hard time about him being barefoot when we go out?).

There were also several nursing bras, which is perfect for me. I had only had one left from my last baby.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Reading this thread, I feel joy.gif. Thank you to everyone involved in Holiday Helper, families receiving, families giving, those facilitating, those bumping up threads, those spreading joy in any way...it's a beautiful thing!

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Old 12-11-2012, 03:56 PM

a few more thank you's

To the holiday helper that sent my daughter an adorable Melissa & Doug bear family puzzle brand new . She'll love it. Thank you!

To the holiday helper that sent five lovely bars of soaps and even sent all essential oil based soap blends. Thank you.

To the holiday helper that sent my youngest son a creator lego toy set brand new. He'll definitely enjoy puttting it together. Thank you.

And lastly, to Kathryn.......you have truly blessed our family this holiday. I so appreciate your love and generosity. I received the hat/gloves for my daughter and the pj's. Thank you so much!

FIN #5

Old 12-12-2012, 04:07 PM

From FIN #16

A big Thank You to Amy for the new socks and the Lite Brix set!  Seeing a package on my doorstep brought a big smile to my face.  love.gif

I can't wait to see ds's face when he opens the gift on Christmas.  THANK YOU!

It really touches my heart that complete strangers care enough to help another family.  I feel blessed being a part of this community.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:04 PM

From FIN #11

Today we had the BEST surprise.  A huge box with BRAND NEW shoes appeared on our doorstep.  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!  They are so much appreciated and will get much use!!!  I can't wait to see my kids' faces on Christmas morning when they get their new sneakers!!  And, thank you for the running shoes for me...I'll need them to keep up with the kids!  Thank you!! We so appreciate your generosity!

Old 12-14-2012, 03:05 PM

Thank you, from FIN #10, to the generous folks that sent us the Mehindi henna art kit, and the Glad Rags girl's first menstruation celebration set. Thanks so you, my daughters can look forward to some beautiful, empowering evenings of feminine wisdom with their mother...So special!  Thank you for being so kind and full of  the spirit of giving that you would reach out to strangers in this beautiful way...

Old 12-15-2012, 07:45 PM

Thank you so much to the Sherman Family of AZ for the lovely holiday card and amazon gift card. You are a true blessing and the gift card will definitely help make christmas  a little brighter.

To the Family that sent the silverware to me from amazon thank you so much. I cant wait to use them when we finally get to move out of inlaws. We didnt have much silverware left when we moved becuase my kids would lose them and the few pieces we had left I brought with us to inlaws.

and lastly to the Li Family of Va for  that sent my oldest the Monster High comforter. she is going to be so excited on christmas morning to open this. and she has been begging for a new blanket this will keep her happy and warm for many many nites to come.

thank you from the bottom of our hearts. FIN#9

edited at request of the FIN.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:04 PM

From FIN# 18

I would like to thank Thirsties for the wonderful package of cloth diapers and inserts that I received today. I have never been able to afford new cloth diapers so I always used hand me downs or ones that I found here and there. They are fabulous! and so soft! I do think that my son will love them. They fit him so well! I want to say thank you so much for being able to grant my christmas wish.

I would like to thank the mama from Arkansas that sent me the 12 month shirts. They are very nice and my DS looks so handsome in them. Thank you so much. :)

Old 12-16-2012, 07:36 PM

To Blue, the kids have had so much fun with your package, trying to decide if Blue is a first name or a last name. The clothes were wonderful and loved. The card was lovely. Thank you to you and your lovely family for the much needed clothes.

Again, to all of our HH's , my heart is so full of gratitude. The items are going to be loved. Thank you again. Merry Christmas, my friends.

Family #4

User Tag List