FIN #10-CA - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 11-03-2012, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

FIN #10- CA

Please contact QueenOfTheMeadow if you have something for this family.

What is your family situation?

I'm a stay-at-home, very rural, waldorf homeschooling mama to 5 kids age almost 5 to 13. 2 I birthed and 3 step~, living with us full time as of the past 2 years ever since my dh's first wife, their mom, enrolled in rehab, never to return. My husband was laid off last year and has been doing odd jobs and selling firewood ever since to try and support all of us...It's tight, we're pinching pennies until they scream, trying all of the frugality and self-sufficiency stuff since there are no job openings for dh in sight, but we still have a cozy, joyful family life. One son is on the autism spectrum, one daughter suffers from an anxiety disorder (panic attacks at bedtime…), but everyone loves each no matter what so I'm pretty blessed. Things are unusually Xmas bleak this year since my little squirreled-away cache of holiday cash disappeared down the black hole of repairs for dh's firewood truck (I'm going to change that thing’s nickname from The Bear to The Grinch, ba humbug!). Thank you for your abundance of holiday spirit in wanting to help a family like ours. I hate to ask for my own sake but am grateful to be able to for the sake of my “Fav’ Five” as I love to call them (3 of them still believing in Santa, too!).

Any allergies or sensitivities in the family? (e.g. cat, dog, smoke) No

Which holiday(s) does your family celebrate? Christmas, Solstice

Of the items requested below, please prioritize the top 3 overall needs of your family (this can not include direct financial help such as bills paid):

1) Santa gift for each child

2) food preservation/canning supplies

3) natural soap making supplies

Children:

Child #1:
Age and gender: almost 5, male
Items requested:

1. Cloud B Tranquil Turtle (its a nightlight that makes underwater light)

2. Waldorf art supply such as Stockmar beeswax block or fat crayons stockmar crayons sent

Child #2:
Age and gender:11, female
Items requested:

1. WonderMaze magnetic fridge marble run

2. girls first period celebration/Lunapad type menstruation kit Item to be sent!

Child #3

Age and gender: 8, male

Items requested:

1. remote controlled boat or helicopter

2. large type , not earbud, headphones

Child #4

Age and gender: 13, female

1. secondhand ipod music player of any type would rock! item sent!

2. mehindi henna art kit item sent!

Child #5

Age and Gender: 6, male

1. portable cassette or cd player to play his own music on, not the personal/headphone kind

2. Bear Archery First Shot Bow and arrow Set item sent!

Adult #1 (YOU! ):
Items requested:

1. long curtain/drape panels to add privacy in kids’ bedrooms

2.pink Himalyan salt lamp night light

Adult #2:
Items requested:

1. tea towels or kitchen towels

2. food presevation or canning supplies

Needs for Your Family As A Whole:

Items requested:

1. natural essential oils, molds, or other natural soap making supplies (we're preparing to milk our goats in an effort to sell soap for $)

2.gift cards to any online place, favorite's are magiccabin.com, jcp.com, landsend.com item sent

Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page