FIN #15- CO - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 11-05-2012, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

FIN #15-CO

Please contact oceane if you have something for this family.

What is your family situation? We are incredibly blessed to have a roof over our heads and food in our bellies. We have wonderful families who all live in different states but we are blessed to be in touch with them. My husband and I both have jobs (which can be something of an anomaly in this economy, but I’m thankful!) I am able to craft and learn with my daughter in the evenings which is important to us. Over all we are very blessed.

In June 2012, my husband lost his job. This would not be such an issue (because he found another job within a month) but his pay has been cut in half. We have made many sacrifices, including getting rid of our gym membership, cell phones, and cutting our grocery bill down to $200 or less a month for our gluten free household. We were making it and then, on Halloween, my husband’s car broke down. We both work, and both have to have cars, so now we have a car payment on top of it. I’m not a frequent poster on MDC because I work full time and mother full time! But I enjoy my time reading posts on MDC, gaining inspiration and encouragement from others who have “been there, done that”!

Which holiday(s) does your family celebrate? Christmas, Solstice

Any allergies or sensitivities in the family? (e.g. cat, dog, smoke) DH and DD are celiac (gluten intolerant) so, wheat, spelt, soy sauce, oats, etc are issues.

Please list up to 3 items per person in your family and up to 2 items for your family as a whole below. Gift cards might be requested for your family as a whole, but cannot be included as requests for an individual member of your family. Remember HH does not provide direct financial help, such as bills paid, so please do not include such items in your request.

Children:

DD1
Age and gender:female, age 6 (almost!)
Items requested:

1. Legos, especially people, vehicles, or the pink/purple legos (she wants those but we’ve been given the regular set which she loves!) 2 pink legos sets sent

2. Mittens, fabric scarves (she hates the wool ones I made for her!) Mittens to be sent

3.Waldorf/craft supplies: weaving loom, wool to knit with. item sent!

Adult #1 (YOU! ):

Items requested:

1. Wool for knitting (worsted/sport/DK/bulky any color)

2. hat, tam/beret ish – I have lots of curly hair that I stuff in it. It doesn’t have to be huge, just slightly bigger than a regular beanie. Item sent

3. Seeds for garden: heirloom, OP, onions, pumpkins, jalapenos, bell peppers, tomatillos, squash. Would especially love “different” seeds (We grew galeux d'eysines pumpkins this year and LOVED them!) Item sent

Adult #2:
Items requested:

1. Professional cooking books (the professional chef by the culinary institute, professional cooking by Wayne Gisslen, etc)

3. Coffee pot (he doesn’t like French press coffee…)

Needs for Your Family As A Whole:

Items requested:

1. Cookware: mini tart pans, mini donut pans,

2. Cookware: serving dishes (rectangular(8 x 4, or other small sizes), small oval, etc)

Of the items requested above, please prioritize the top 3 overall needs of your family:
* Waldorf/craft supplies: weaving loom, wool to knit with.
* Cookware: serving dishes (rectangular(8 x 4, or other small sizes), small oval, etc)
* Legos, especially people, vehicles, or the pink/purple legos (she wants those but we’ve been given the regular set which she loves!)

Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page