Please contact HappyHappyMommy, if you have anything for this family.
What is your family situation?
The last couple of years have been rough. Medical bills have really set us back. Then I hurt my shoulder and had to be out of work for 6 months. This lead to me losing my job, but I did get another seasonal job. Unfortunately, the pay is low and the work will dry up as it gets colder, as in by Thanksgiving pretty much. We depend a lot on my dh being able to pick up extra shifts, but that hasn’t been possible lately either. So we have been falling further and further behind. By the end of the two weeks between paychecks, we are struggling and usually have to charge gas and food.
At the end of November, my oldest son has to have surgery on his hand, for a broken thumb that was cast in the wrong position. This is going to lead to more missed time at work, not to mention some serious stress for everyone! Depending on what happens with the radiology department and the doctor that missed the obvious break, this could also lead to some serious medical bills.
I have three ravenous boys, and most of our money goes towards food. We had my oldest tested for food sensitivities years ago, because he is on the autism spectrum, and he is sensitive to gluten, dairy, and eggs. The other boys tested the same way, so suffice it to say, food is expensive for us as well. It’s honestly, probably our biggest expense, even though I cook from scratch and buy things in bulk.
We have a lot to be thankful for, but the holiday season is just so stressful when you can’t afford to get your kids what they need and want. Thank you to anyone who is willing to lend a helping hand.
Which holiday(s) does your family celebrate? Christmas and Solstice
Any allergies or sensitivities in the family? Smoke
Please list up to 3 items per person in your family and up to 2 items for your family as a whole below. Gift cards might be requested for your family as a whole, but cannot be included as requests for an individual member of your family. Remember HH does not provide direct financial help, such as bills paid, so please do not include such items in your request.
Age and gender: 13 M
1. Warm clothes for running x-country in- sz 16 Underarmor item our (pants and top) sent
2. Buck Gardner Mallard Duck Call, 6 in 1 pintail whistle and straight talk duck CD combo (He saw it on amazon) item sent
3. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic I and II bundle pack for windows 7 (he also saw this on amazon) item sent!
gender: 11 M
1. winter clothes size 10-12 boys. (he loves the silky champion shirts and running pants) item sent!
2. Magic The Gathering Cards some Magic Cards sent
3. Bean Bag Chair item to be sent!
Age and gender: 9 M
1. winter clothes size 8-10 boys(likes the silky champion shirts and running pants too) item sent!
2. Brave (the movie) item sent
3. craft suplies (felt and sewing stuff especially) Craft supplies sent
Adult #1 (YOU! ):
1.Warm coat and snow pants to play in the snow with the boys (sz16 or xl) Items sent!
2.Warm clothes (shirts sz L and pants sz 14. I love yoga pants!) 2 pair yoga pants sent; 1 pair other pants sent
3. Cloth feminine pads Item to be sent!
1. White undershirts (medium) item sent!
2.Belt size 34 item sent!
3. running shoes (men size 8) item sent!
Needs for Your Family As A Whole:
1. Gift card for groceries (Whole foods, stop and shop, and shaws are all close) Item sent!
2. A gift card to AMC theatres would be wonderful so we could all go see a movie together! Item sent!
Of the items requested above, please prioritize the top 3 overall needs of your family:
* gift for each boy
* grocery gift card
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|37 members and 15,754 guests|
|a-sorta-fairytale , Alvie , arwen521 , Bow , Deborah , emmy526 , girlspn , hillymum , katelove , Katherine73 , kathymuggle , king-dumps.org , lisak1234 , littlejewels , Lucee , manyhatsmom , Michele123 , momys1 , moominmamma , newmamalizzy , oaksie68 , philomom , pulcetti , RollerCoasterMama , SchoolmarmDE , seap3 , Shmootzi , SimplyMama , Skippy918 , Socks , sren , stellanyc , TheBugsMomma , uberkit30 , zebra15|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 01:21 PM.|