Please contact hippiemombian if you have something for this family.
What is your family situation? We moved last month because dh was hired by a small rural fire dept. The day before training was to start, we received a letter stating that the dept had decided not to hire anyone afterall. There is no work in this small logging town during the winter, and we are 2 hours from the next town. We can scrape by on my part time wahm income, but I'm really not sure how we're even going to pay for heating fuel and food through the winter....let alone make Christmas happen.
Which holiday(s) does your family celebrate? Christmas
Any allergies or sensitivities in the family? (e.g. cat, dog, smoke) Chemical perfumes and scents, and pot smoke (items sent from a home where pot is smoked indoors could send me to the hospital. Very severe allergy)
Please list up to 3 items per person in your family and up to 2 items for your family as a whole below. Gift cards might be requested for your family as a whole, but cannot be included as requests for an individual member of your family. Remember HH does not provide direct financial help, such as bills paid, so please do not include such items in your request.
A member has volunteer to meet all of this FIN's needs.
Age and gender: 14 Male
1. Winter Coat (men's medium) for snowy climate
2. Snow Boots (men's 11)
3. Herbs/Spices/Seasonings (he LOVES to cook. He especially loves curries, but any and every flavor has a place in his kitchen. lol)
Age and gender: 11 Female
1. Snow Boots (women's 6)
2. Sweatshirts/sweaters (girls 10 long or 12. She's a 12 in height but crazy skinny. She's about a size 6-7 around!)
3. Books (Magic Treehouse #32 +, Magic Treehouse Research Guides, poetry, Shakespeare, Rainbow Magic series, anything else you care to suggest. She loves to read) one book sent
Adult #1 (YOU! ):
1. Winter Coat (women's XL. Something tough enough for an active lifestyle)
2. Snow Boots (women's 10.5, also tough is better than cute)
3. Crazy socks (I need warm socks in general, but love crazy, themed, colorful ones if they're an option. If it doesn't fit a women's size 11 shoe, it will be too tight on my feet though. Men's socks are fine, though, and I have fairly average size feet for a man. lol)
1. Snow Boots (men's size 15)
2. XL Men's gloves (His hands are 9 inches from tip of the middle finger to the bottom of his palm)
3. Warm winter hat ( also an XL size. He's 6'7" and broad shouldered, with an aptly large head)
Needs for Your Family As A Whole:
1. Safeway giftcard (only grocery store within 2 hours)
2. Gas giftcard (Shell and Chevron are the only stations within 2 hours)
Of the items requested above, please prioritize the top 3 overall needs of your family:
* Safeway giftcard
* Gas giftcard
* Snow boots and Winter coats for those listed.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.