FIN #20-OH--Needs met - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 11-06-2012, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

FIN #20-OH

Please contact tightwaderin, if you have something for this family.

What is your family situation?

DH walked out on the kids and I earlier this year and moved across the country. He left us destitute, with no savings and with no home. We only survived because of the kindness and generosity of friends and family, who supported us with food and a place to live, for which I will be forever grateful. My elder son is on the autism spectrum, and has emotional disturbances. Therefore, putting him in our public school system is not a great option for him. I have been successfully homeschooling him and he responds to it well. However, this, along with many years of being a SAHM in this recessed economy, has made finding a means to support myself very difficult. We were also hit by Sandy and lost our power for a week. It was excruciating to throw out the entire contents of our refrigerator and freezer that I had so carefully budgeted to last us through until the end of the month. I am working on finishing up a bachelor’s degree, and I am hoping that next year I’ll be able to maybe find some work from home. In the meantime, we are living hand-to-mouth. Even though I can cope with poverty (we have much happiness in our small little family), I am heartbroken that I can’t provide my kids with even the smallest of gifts this year.

Which holiday(s) does your family celebrate? Secular Christmas

Any allergies or sensitivities in the family? (e.g. cat, dog, smoke) cat allergy

Two members have worked together to meet all of this FIN's needs!

Child #1: DS, 5 yo male
Items requested:

1. wooden blocks

2. markers, watercolors, crayons, playdough

3. puppets (no monsters)

Child #2:
Age and gender: DS, 4 yo male

Items requested:

1. any sort of dress-up costumes (4T or a little bigger)

2. markers, watercolors, crayons, playdough

3. anything related to koala bears, which he loves

(please add more child sections depending on the number of children in your family)

Adult #1 (YOU! ):

Items requested:

1. Homeschooling supplies for a kindergartener – age appropriate books, workbooks, lined paper, little games, etc

2. Size M loungewear for around the house – comfortable sweats, T-shirts, robe, etc. I don’t get out much, and I have few clothes. When I do have extra money, I get stuff for the kids or spend it on food.

3. my hobby is knitting & crochet, so any extra yarn, hooks, needles, etc

Needs for Your Family As A Whole:

Items requested:

1. Grocery gift cards (Giant Eagle, Trader Joes, Target, or walmart). I would use this for food and household basics (paper towels, shampoos, sheets for bed [queen and twin], toilet paper, disposable razors, multi-purpose contact solution, etc) – the regular things that a household needs day-to-day that eat up at expenses.

2. Food! Dry goods (except pasta, of which we have lots!). Amy’s mac n cheese, spaghetti-O’s, nutella, oatmeal, steel cut oats, cereal, pasta sauce, any vegetarian boxed foods (like the Near East line), dried beans and lentils. I am vegetarian but the kids eat meat.

Of the items requested above, please prioritize the top 3 overall needs of your family:
* Gift for children

* Food

* Clothing for mom

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page