Big Changes Coming to the Vaccinations Forum! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 11-02-2012, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In response to the feedback we have received from members via threads, polls, PMs, etc., we're reorganizing the Vaccinations forum to make it friendlier, better organized, and easier to navigate. Here is a quick run-down of the new structure:

The main Vaccinations forum will be closed to posting and will change into a category heading, much like "Pregnancy & Birth" is the category heading for its subforums (fertility, etc.). This forum will have 4 subforums (subfora?):

Vaccination Research for Beginners: Formerly "Researching the Vaccine Decision: Start Here", we're totally rebooting this subforum to help new members sort through available resources, ask questions, and find the right vaccination path for their families. It will host our archives and will grow to include articles written/maintained by more experienced members. Discussions here should be to assist a new member in understanding and not to debate with already active and vaccination-decided members. While this forum will contain a number of valuable resources, it is not meant as a data/research repository but rather as a welcoming area for providing support and guidance to those new to the vaccination decision. This subforum will have brand new guidelines to help keep things nice and friendly.

Vaccinations Discussion and Debate: The main discussion, debate, wear-your-big-girl-panties forum for all information and concerns about vaccination for parents who vaccinate as well as those staunchly against vaccination. This is the place to bring new research you want to share and the place to dig deep into topics, sources, etc. Current vaccination forum guidelines will still apply, so focus on issues, not individuals.

I'm Not Vaccinating: Changing to Support Only by popular demand! If you're not vaccinating or seriously considering that path, this is your forum. This forum will host topics that are about dealing with issues when choosing to not vaccinate. No pro-vax debate here.

Mindful Vaccination Formerly "Selective and Delayed Vaccination", this new forum will be Support Only for those who are vaccinating selectively, on a delayed schedule, or fully vaccinating on schedule. No anti-vax debate here.

This reorganization is in direct response to what you all have told us you wanted, so our hope is that this reorganization provides something for everyone. We will all need to be a bit flexible working through some of the kinks in the beginning, but we also have 2 dedicated Vax forum mods (myself and HappyHappyMommy) plus floaters and admins to help if you have questions or need help figuring out where to go. We're shooting to have this happen next week, and it would really help us out if you could play nicely for the next few days... it's hard to reorganize a forum when we're busy dealing with reported posts and UAVs!

Questions? Comments? I'm looking forward to the changes and hope you all like them, too. joy.gif
phathui5 and monkeyscience like this.

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#2 of 11 Old 11-02-2012, 06:16 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)

Looks great! Here's hoping that the new format will be welcomed by newbies and regulars alike. love.gif

One_Girl likes this.

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#3 of 11 Old 11-02-2012, 07:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)

Looks good to me smile.gif

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#4 of 11 Old 11-02-2012, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

sounds good orngbiggrin.gif

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#5 of 11 Old 11-02-2012, 10:58 AM

It looks very thoughtfully organized.
#6 of 11 Old 11-03-2012, 08:00 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Bumping up this thread bump.gif and thanks for all of the input that shaped this reorganization.

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#7 of 11 Old 11-04-2012, 12:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Looks like a good way to do things to make it clear what's appropriate to post in the different sub-boards. My only concern is that the newbie thread will attract fighting no matter how hard you try. But I hope it works. What will be the policy on helping parents new to the decision find information they might find useful. That's going to be the complicated part to moderate on that board I imagine!

Love the description about "wearing big girl pants" for the debate board. wink1.gif

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

#8 of 11 Old 11-04-2012, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I think this sounds great.  Thanks to the Mosaic and the other mods for the effort they've put into it.

#9 of 11 Old 11-12-2012, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post

The main Vaccinations forum will be closed to posting and will change into a category heading, much like "Pregnancy & Birth" is the category heading for its subforums (fertility, etc.). This forum will have 4 subforums (subfora?):

Hi All, Now that the subforums (subfora? I'm not sure either) are up, we are moving active threads to the new subforums. So if you are looking for a thread that was previously in the main forum, please take a look for in appropriate subforum. Also, if you see a thread that's looks like it belongs in a different subforum, please flag it! Thank you and I hope you like the changes. smile.gif

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#10 of 11 Old 11-12-2012, 05:00 PM

Looks good to me!

lactivist.gifnovaxnocirc.gif Acd.gif'ing, winner.jpg,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIFread.gif Momma to one DD 1/1/12 ribboncesarean.gif. Trying to goorganic.jpg and hoping for a hbac.gif next time!

#11 of 11 Old 01-16-2013, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Looks good to me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page