Free baby sling from SevenSlings.com—any experience? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-30-2013, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today I got an email from SevenSlings.com (via Motherhood Maternity, I think), saying that the site is giving away free slings all week for Breastfeeding Week with the code "BFWEEK13"... saying you can even use it more than once if you open a new browser window each time. All you'd have to pay is shipping & handling.

Anyone got any experience with these slings?

PS, I'm unsure of the expiration date on this offer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2013, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

We have a review of one here: http://www.mothering.com/community/products/seven-sling

Old 07-30-2013, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you, Cynthia! That was very helpful!
Old 07-30-2013, 09:35 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

I got one of those, cheap fabric, and it's not adjustable, but hey if all you pay is shipping it is worth it.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:47 AM

I'd say at $10 or less, overall price, this is a nice sling to have. I really don't have any complaints about the quality of the fabric, but it's not a real versatile sling. With that said, it is VERY compact - it's a wonderful thing to have because you can easily fold and store it in the diaper bag to have at a moment's notice just in case you want something. If you want to babywear, this won't be your everyday sling; but it is handy and easy to use. As this free with shipping seems to be a frequent deal (and they're available for $15 on Amazon), it's a very affordable back-up/convenience sling. Personally, I picked mine up brand new at a consignment sale on half-price day for $2 and it was an amazing deal at that price. The size selection charts seem to run pretty true, from my experience.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Don't worry about the offer expiring. That same offer, different code, has been going on for a couple years now. I got one sized to dh's measurements in a print he was willing to wear so he could have one just for him. He only babywears on occasion, so it works for him. I haven't tried one personally (dh's is way too big for me) 

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
Old 08-06-2013, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I felt sort of obligated to get one because the company is a local one for me... and I don't have any hard feelings against it.  It's what it's worth, and it does suit me as a short-trip sling.  I prefer my K'Tan, but it's one I also keep in the diaper bag for whenever.

--Breastfeeding----2nd grade Teaching----Cosleeping----Cloth Diapering -- --Bookworm Mom

Tags
Hot Deals Discounts And Coupons
User Tag List