Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

Old 08-07-2014, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Smile Parenting application promo codes giveaway

Dear Parents!

Our company has made an application which is trying to help on some struggles of parenting.
It was made to help parents. Now we are looking for some people who would like to try it out. We also provide promo codes, but there are not too many left! So hurry up!
Contact me if you are interested in it: [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2014, 10:07 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
What, precisely, is this app intended to help parents do? What age children is it designed for? Which struggles have you chosen to approach?
Old 08-07-2014, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeepyCat View Post
What, precisely, is this app intended to help parents do? What age children is it designed for? Which struggles have you chosen to approach?
The application motivates kids(ages 3-9) to finish their tasks. If the kid is ready in time it will get a reward. It is a method, timing, so that it makes kids interested in the jobs. So for example if the kid doesn't want to get dressed, finish its meal, brush its teeth, clean up its room, etc. than this application can help on this problem.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:33 AM

What reward does the app give?
Old 08-07-2014, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

As a reward a kid can get pictures or animations. If the kid could finish the task in time, then it will recieve a happy/motivating face/animation, like a smiling one, clapping, etc. but if it could not finish its task in time, it will recive a sad face. These reward images/animations, can be changed, and these vary on the case: finishing meal, brushing meal, etc.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:03 AM

This seems... not all that well thought out.

I mean, for one, my kids (ages 4 and 7) are not motivated by the opportunity to watch animations. They're able to turn on the television and get themselves whatever cartoon they want. They're also completely capable of tapping the "I Finished!" button whether or not it bears any relationship to reality.

My kids are really interested in having a chance to hold or control my phone, so I've made some major efforts to convince them that my phone is a tool for ME. It has a screen lock with a password that they don't know, and they use it only with my permission. I'm not about to start handing the phone over so that one child at a time can report in to the phone about room cleanliness or teeth brushing - those are things I pretty much have to inspect anyway.

Finally, I'm concerned about information security. Is some database collecting information on all the things I want my kids to stop dawdling about? Is that doing me or my children any favors?
Old 08-19-2014, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeepyCat View Post
This seems... not all that well thought out.

I mean, for one, my kids (ages 4 and 7) are not motivated by the opportunity to watch animations. They're able to turn on the television and get themselves whatever cartoon they want. They're also completely capable of tapping the "I Finished!" button whether or not it bears any relationship to reality.

My kids are really interested in having a chance to hold or control my phone, so I've made some major efforts to convince them that my phone is a tool for ME. It has a screen lock with a password that they don't know, and they use it only with my permission. I'm not about to start handing the phone over so that one child at a time can report in to the phone about room cleanliness or teeth brushing - those are things I pretty much have to inspect anyway.

Finally, I'm concerned about information security. Is some database collecting information on all the things I want my kids to stop dawdling about? Is that doing me or my children any favors?
@MeepyCat : I think that you have missed it a bit. That application is not showing animations,
but rather saying "Thank you" with the image. I guess that it is never bad to say so if kid
makes the given task.

Of course kids can push the 'I am finished' button too early if they are left unwatched, but
that is not the point. Let them push the button only after you have accepted their results.
You will need to check things, but that you cannot avoid anyway, or can you ?

App will still give additional stuff for the kids and you. It will remind kids visually and
audible that time is going on, so that you don't need to do it. If everything goes fine, it
will show that "thank you" image that you might have set up. It is a small surprise and extra
thrill on top of your "thank you"/"well done".

Last about the information security. App is not collecting any personal information and the
data cannot be connected to you. So definitely it is not making any unfavors for you, however
that anonymous aggregated data can be used to improve the app for all, including you.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:03 AM

Based on the explanations, I think I'm better off sticking with the kitchen timer.

User Tag List