Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rrrrrachel

#1 of 5 Old 07-30-2014, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well I have a three month old

He's pretty cute. I was thinking back to that first shot with my first baby and the gratitude I feel to the fnp who, when I said I was maybe thinking about delaying or spacing vaccines out, looked me square in the eye and firmly and kindly pointed out there was no evidence that was safer than the actual schedule. I'm also grateful I can feel so much more confident this time around after the research I did before as a result of conversations here.

Still isn't easy to watch your baby get stuck, though. Although I've found it's worse to watch your three year old get poked!
teacozy likes this.
#2 of 5 Old 07-30-2014, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I also feel grateful to our pcp who is family medicine who said the same to us with my DD who is now 2. We now have a 2 month old DS who just his first round of shots. It does suck to see them hurting (& it was even worse this time since my mom is the nurse at the Dr office, gave him the shots!!!! It was hard on Nana)!
#3 of 5 Old 07-31-2014, 06:16 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post
He's pretty cute. I was thinking back to that first shot with my first baby and the gratitude I feel to the fnp who, when I said I was maybe thinking about delaying or spacing vaccines out, looked me square in the eye and firmly and kindly pointed out there was no evidence that was safer than the actual schedule. I'm also grateful I can feel so much more confident this time around after the research I did before as a result of conversations here.

Still isn't easy to watch your baby get stuck, though. Although I've found it's worse to watch your three year old get poked!
The nurses at my son's pediatrician office said that the 4 year shots are the absolute worst of all! They are old enough to know what's going on and about to happen. Not looking forward to it!

This thread reminded me of a video that was going viral a few days ago. The "vaccine whisperer". This pediatrician is well known for getting babies to (mostly) laugh through their vaccines. Pretty amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOOxpT9q2mo

(Does anyone know how to embed videos with the new format?)

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson 
#4 of 5 Old 08-03-2014, 09:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Rrrrrachel - congratulations! Nice to have you back.

I've hated every single vaccination appointment and have to remind myself every time it's the right thing to do and that sometimes the right things to do in the long run are not easy in the moment.
#5 of 5 Old 08-03-2014, 09:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
And the 4yr ones are defintely the worst. A baby will forget 30 seconds later. A 4yr old can remember and hold it against you for months!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page