Diarrhea in 9 month old- teething? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-19-2013, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have read on here and elsewhere that teething can cause diarrhea. How long does this normally go on for? Because my LO has had diarrhea for two days now...VERY frequent, loose stools (and a bad diaper rash because of it!). She doesn't seem to be sick because she really doesn't have any other symptoms (no loss of appetite, lethargy, fever, etc...). She's been a bit clingy and wanting to nurse a lot, which are all usually common teething signs with her.

I've been keeping her hydrated and she's eating and drinking and nursing a lot, so I'm just wondering at what point do I need to worry about the diarrhea?

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#2 of 6 Old 08-30-2013, 08:11 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)

Hi ananas! Looks like your post was missed so I am bumping it up for input. 

Anyone have some advice to share?

#3 of 6 Old 08-30-2013, 09:58 AM

My kids have had it for a week to 2 weeks. Actually my toddler just had it for almost 2 weeks, got 2 teeth and it went away. A week later he seems to be getting it again. I can't tell yet if he's getting anymore teeth right now, but most likely he is.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#4 of 6 Old 01-28-2014, 08:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

it's probably just teething, so, as long as she's hydrated it sounds like virtually nothing. but don't take my word, follow your gut. if your worried that it's something serious then take her to the doctor.    

I'm the single mommy of nursing kids Tina (4) Joy (3)Abigail (1) and Aspin (3weeks). hear are some emoticons that describe me:
#5 of 6 Old 01-29-2014, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

I always wonder how posts like this get dug up...thanks, maragrace, that 9 month old is now 14 months old and perfectly healthy ;)

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#6 of 6 Old 03-20-2014, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

@ ananas: for some reason I find it funny that the babe's now 14 months old! ha!

30 years old, married to DH , Proud Mommy of DD 1 (20 months), 8 months pregnant with DD 2 , planning another homebirth , and a CD , breastfeeding beyond infancy , and loving, mommy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page