Constipated Baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-10-2013, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My sweet little boy is about 6 weeks old now and for the past week he has been suffering from constipation off and on. My diet hasn't changed from when I first gave birth to him so I'm uncertain about what is causing it. I am breast feeding so my diet could be the cause and the cure for this dilemma.

I eat mostly organic whole foods, lots of fruits and veggies. I do eat meat which I source from local, free range farms. I also consume raw dairy from a local farm (cow's milk). I've been entirely gluten free for 5 weeks now because we both have sensitivities to it.

Since he's had this problem I've been drinking fennel, ginger and chamomile teas which hasn't helped him much. Some remedies that have helped are coconut oil in him bum with a q-tip. I also got some baby drops that contain fennel, chamomile, and ginger... this helped the first time.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

#2 of 4 Old 12-11-2013, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Anyone have any advice for this mama?
I hope things are getting better.
Bump!
#3 of 4 Old 12-12-2013, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter

I'm finding that its super normal for babies to have tummy aches gas etc. A lot of the time it has to do with a lactose intolerance. Since the milk I drink is raw this may not be the case with us but I'm giving up dairy for a bit to see whay happens.
#4 of 4 Old 01-04-2014, 01:38 AM

try a dab of castor oil on the nipple (yours or bottle), which always worked for my babe. when i went off dairy, she stopped having any bouts of constipation. she is also gluten & soy sensitive.

also, if you avoid dry, rough, cold &/or uncooked foods in your diet, it will help your breastmilk be more laxative for baby. cook using lots of healthy oils, especially ghee (clarified butter), sesame oil &/or coconut oil. ths is Ayurvedic wisdom, has been working for thousands of years.

sent using Tapatalk

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page