Adenoid surgery on 13 month old baby boy?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-08-2014, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Adenoid surgery on 13 month old baby boy??

So my baby just turned one year last month. He's always been a trouble sleeper, sleep apnea since birth. Now just recently we had his neck xray and the doc found the prominence of adenoids and recommending surgery. He cant really swallow if we try giving him other than puréed foods. Now i am little concerned performing surgery on this young child. I am also concerned about his immunity after removing adenoids after all they help fight infections. But he's struggling every time during sleep with his breathing issue and dont sleep at all since hes born. Is the surgery worth? Is ur child able to sleep well with no sleep apnea after surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2014, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Moving to baby health due to age of baby!

Old 06-12-2014, 07:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Hi mama & welcome to MDC.

First, I'd suggest a second opinion any time surgery (non emergent) is recommended, but especially for a baby.

Second, the symptoms you describe sound to me like they could be related to tongue tie. Here is a website w/ some pictures: http://www.cwgenna.com/quickhelp.html . Tongue tie can have many, many symptoms & a heart shaped tongue, one that doesn't stick out, etc. are only a couple of many symptoms. I have three tongue tied children, none of which were diagnosed by professionals - all by me & about 9 years after I had my first child. I could be wrong, of course, but I'd hate to not mention it & have it not be your child's adenoids!

Feel free to PM me if you'd like any more TT info.

Best wishes,
Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.

User Tag List