• 1 Post By maddison rebecca
  • 1 Post By farmermomma
  • 3 Post By sassyfirechick

#1 of 8 Old 06-11-2014, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well child visits and vaccines

i wanted to open a discussion about well child visits and if they are necessary. i personally think its a complete waste of time and that our idea of health care is absurd... but i fear that my main reasons for not bringing my babies into their well child check ups is that i have a scale at home to weigh them and measure, and i choose not to vaccinate. i dont want to be put into a sitation if they do get sick and get yelled at when i bring them into the doctor. i need a doctor who will understand that i will only bring them in when sick... but honestly i would bring them into a check up if i didnt get harassed about vaccines. i have complete faith in myself as well as my family members who have all had babies to help me and to answer any questions i have. i trust my family more than a strange doctor. things just arent the way they used to be when i was growing up, better yet when my parents were. but i have seen reports of how taboo it is not to not bring your child to the doctor and parents are getting into trouble. what happened to liberty? anyway, i'd like your thoughts
applejuice likes this.
#2 of 8 Old 06-11-2014, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
We always had a yearly check up when I was growing up and I've always taken dd to them. They are a requirement for staying with dd's clinic which is the best in town for many reasons and has a long waiting list. It's been nice to have an established doctor because the few times something has been actually wrong we had trust in the doctor and the doctor knew us and knew we weren't worried for no reason. I can't imagine how awful it would be to navigate the serious things without the trust I have in dd's pediatrician. I suggest looking for someone you are comfortable with but you may get better answers for your situation by posting in the I'm not vaccinating forum.
applejuice likes this.
#3 of 8 Old 07-08-2014, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My baby girl just got her second set of shots today , which are the same shots she got in May , she did fine with the first set of shot but yesterday she did not take it very well... she has had temp all night into the morning , i gave her some tylenol but daycare cant not dispense meds to her. Can anyone please help me understanding this and how long will she be feeling bad? I hate to see her suffer and i can not afford to miss much work being a single mom every penny counts. Im hoping she will be ok to go back to daycare tommorrow.
Thanks in advance,
Julie
#4 of 8 Old 07-13-2014, 06:58 PM

Argh, that's frustrating. A doctor should respect your choices and not harass you. I agree with the above post that you should look for a health care provider you are comfortable with. Our family gp is of the mentality that wellness visits for babies should be every 6 months just to check weight and development. He also thinks that as children get older, there is less need to monitor growth, because children all grow at various rates. Hope this helps!
applejuice likes this.
#5 of 8 Old 08-12-2014, 09:23 PM

Re: well child visits and vaccines

For an infant or the newborn all what matters is the proper care in the initial days of his/her growth. All It needs is proper doctors visit and also the vaccination recommended by the doctor.
applejuice likes this.
#6 of 8 Old 08-13-2014, 12:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I have not yet vaxxed my 15 month old. We have done all of the well baby visits and a couple of things have been caught and I feel better that health/ developmental things are being monitored. There was a thread a little while back about this.
applejuice likes this.
#7 of 8 Old 08-13-2014, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by precisousjulez View Post
My baby girl just got her second set of shots today , which are the same shots she got in May , she did fine with the first set of shot but yesterday she did not take it very well... she has had temp all night into the morning , i gave her some tylenol but daycare cant not dispense meds to her. Can anyone please help me understanding this and how long will she be feeling bad? I hate to see her suffer and i can not afford to miss much work being a single mom every penny counts. Im hoping she will be ok to go back to daycare tommorrow.
Thanks in advance,
Julie
Hopefully things are back to normal for you but please be sure to report any and all reactions following vaccination (even if it seems trivial or even if the pediatrician tells you "those are normal reactions" to VAERS (http://vaers.hhs.gov/esub/index). Without reporting, there is no way of knowing how many reactions do occur and how severe they may be.

Beware of Tylenol following vaccination as it depletes glutathione which is necessary for the body to properly detox potentially leaving the body at risk for more severe reactions.

It took my daughter almost a month to recover from her 2 and 5mo vaccines and we stopped vaccinating because of the reactions she was having.

I did attend all of her well visits, but we were kicked out of the practice by the time she was 2 and have been using a naturopath instead. The NP has a much more lenient schedule for seeing newborns and I look forward to sitting with her when we're ready for #2 because she is a wealth of knowledge and i know the hour long visits are very much worth it. The 5mins with the first ped? Not so much.
#8 of 8 Old 08-19-2014, 07:05 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thank you so much for the information she was a little under the weather for about 48 hours after her shots and her temperature broke , i only gave her tylenol the the first sign of fever but after that i gave her a frozen wash cloth and teething ring and she felt so much better , i could see the relief in her eyes!!I felt so bad for my little angel im dreading the next series of shots but thank god she everything worked out and nothing serious as far as reactions, i will definitly documnet everything though as you said , this is good advice and i thank you again!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed (1).jpg (17.1 KB, 3 views)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page