whooping cough ? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

#1 of 1 Old 06-16-2014, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
whooping cough ?

We have 9 in our family and the 2 &4 yr. Olds came down w/wc first. When the 4yo. Was in the fit stage we were suspicious so went to the doc. She was sure they didn't have it but ran the test and pu them on azithromycin. It took a week for test results to come back, they were + so they prescribed antibiotics for the rest of us. After much research and Being my hubby works from home and we live in the boonies we decided to not take the antibiotic for the rest of us so we could developed an immunity to it.Being the rest of us were coughing we were told the antibiotic would not lessen the symptoms or shorten the duration so my question now is this. Being the two yr..old and four yr..old got it first and were on antibiotics and the rest of us are still in the contagious stage, can the two get reinvested from us that did not do the antibiotics? Or when they are in the convalescence stage can they get it right away again as I don't know if they will get immunity to it being they took the antibiotics... just wondering if anyone knows? we are treating it with high doses of sodium ascorbate..vit.C.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page