Case of pot's negative effect on a pregnancy? - Mothering Forums

2Likes
  • 1 Post By grateful_jones
  • 1 Post By philomom

#1 of 5 Old 04-19-2017, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Case of pot's negative effect on a pregnancy?

I'm new here and interested in learning how pot (marijuana or cannabis) can help or harm a pregnancy (mother or child). I've read a lot of studies with inconclusive and conflicting information, but is there an example, story or case of the negative effects where someone was clearly harmed? Maybe there's an article, blog or story I'm missing...

Thank you so much in advance for your insight.
applejuice likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-22-2017, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Let me google that for you!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-07-1...us-mix/4137666

http://norml.org/about/item/breathe-...the-literature

http://www.livescience.com/42853-mar...aby-brain.html

Why would you take any risk with your unborn child? I wouldn't.
applejuice likes this.
#3 of 5 Old 04-24-2017, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the links, philomom. I've come across a lot of those studies and read about all the inconsistent conclusions, but specifically I'm looking for a mother or family that is pointing to prenatal cannabis exposure as the cause of some form of negative effect. I realize that would be hard for a mother to admit, but that's what I'm looking for. The reason I'm asking is to weigh the risks of severe HG and consuming a small amount of cannabis. Both can be harmful for a baby, but I don't know which one is worse and pharmaceuticals are not an option. Any advice you or anyone else has is appreciated. Thank you!

#4 of 5 Old 04-24-2017, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Anecdote alert!

I know the midwife who delivered the first grandchild of the founder of Hell's Angels. The pregnant daughter of the founder of Hell's Angels smoked marijuana every day of the pregnancy until she told the midwife. The midwife told her to stop, around the 7th month of the pregnancy and put her on high doses of vitamin C for the duration of the pregnancy to detox. After the baby was born, the newborn was sweating, which is rare, and is a sign of detoxing.

Years ago Mothering Magazine did an article on this; many mothers reported their babies born of a pregnancy during which the mother was smoking pot had "very clear blue eyes" - I have no idea what that may mean.

Over these many years, I have known many women who smoked marijuana during pregnancy. I am sure the marijuana may have helped the emesis gravidarum that many women have in the early pregnancy. I do not know of any problems with the babies at the time I knew these moms.

I never smoked marijuana during pregnancy.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are gonna get - eczema, allergies, diabetes, petit/gran mal seizures, GBS, TPI, POTS, JRA, RA, CFS, SLE, fibromyalgia, encephalitis, neurological damage, coma, or death."

~paraphrased from "Forrest Gump"~

#5 of 5 Old 04-24-2017, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for anecdotes AppleSauce. They're good to know. I'll look for the article you mentioned. Best wishes!

Tags
cannabis , marijuana , negative , pot , Pregnancy

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page