Pea Size Lump On Head-Help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-22-2013, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 21 month old baby girl and this weekend I noticed a bump on the back of her head.  It's about 3mm in diameter. It's hard like cartiledege or bone.  It's beneath the skin so it's not visible.  It doesn't move with the skin so it seems to be on the bone itself.  I called the doc and we are going in till Monday.  The bump doesn't seem to cause her ANY pain - she has no illness symptoms at all.  She's happy and her appetite is great as usual.

Any idea what this might be?
#2 of 4 Old 10-22-2013, 10:17 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Well, it could just be a bony outgrowth or spur, but let us know what your doctor says. :Hug

#3 of 4 Old 10-30-2013, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I have one of those! Apparently they're very common and absolutely harmless. They can be removed but I haven't bothered because it doesn't hurt and isn't visible. My hairstylist showed me how the hair growing out of it is really kinky and curly (I have pretty straight hair).

Here is some more info: http://www.patient.co.uk/health/epidermoid-and-pilar-cysts-sebaceous-cysts

Good luck at the doctors! In the meantime, don't worry ~it's not a big deal at all!

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe
#4 of 4 Old 10-30-2013, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The doctor said it was lymph node and that they're completely harmless and to not worry about it. Thank you soo much for your support! ☺

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page