Knee pain :( - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-03-2014, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

It is the second time my toddler says he has knee pain .....first time he could not sleep at night!! two day he was ok and now again! I mean should I worry? I called my doctor (homeopath) she said it is growing pain.....I dont know ...it is common? 

Katie, farmer's wife belly.gifmom to ds (9y) modifiedartist.gifand dd (6y)dust.gif and ds (3y) jog.gif   we goorganic.jpg    saynovax.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gif 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2014, 10:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

might be lyme

Old 05-04-2014, 03:06 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

A few months ago, Juniper had the same. Our doctor said she was merely having growing pains and would likely have them again, as she is tall for her age and quite stocky. He recommended buying ibuprofen cream over the counter, the stuff specially formulated just for children, as it would be cheaper than a prescription. After a couple more days and my applying said cream, the swelling died down.

You should take your child to see a doctor, if only to allay your worry.  :)  Ask about Lymes anyway, but I doubt very much that disease (borne by ticks) would be responsible because it's usually associated with extreme fatigue and general unwellness, and you would have already aware of this in your little sweetie at the time.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:35 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you spiderpig! Yes he i totally normal and active otherwise. I have a question: did your dd preferred to step on one leg rather than other....that is what I am observing of him today....although he manages to run on both leg equally..shrug.gif

Katie, farmer's wife belly.gifmom to ds (9y) modifiedartist.gifand dd (6y)dust.gif and ds (3y) jog.gif   we goorganic.jpg    saynovax.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gif 
Old 05-04-2014, 07:17 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekatherina View Post

Thank you spiderpig! Yes he i totally normal and active otherwise. I have a question: did your dd preferred to step on one leg rather than other....that is what I am observing of him today....although he manages to run on both leg equally..shrug.gif

Yes, she preferred to step with her other leg and even tried to hop - I stopped her doing that. Instead I carried her around the house to wherever she wanted to go. Juni loves being carried. Sometimes I piggyback her; its no biggy. :)

Apart from this, I am worrying about whether my newly diagnosed athritis might affect Juni in later years. Of course, I am a natural born worrier and we have years ahead. :o

Old 05-04-2014, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

thank you for your replies!  you are such a great support! :Hug

User Tag List