Is this keratosis pilaris? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-26-2014, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there,

My son has had a bad rash on and off for about the last 6 months - since around the time he turned 2. I believe it's Keratosis Pilaris based on what I've seen online, but I am not sure. It started out as some ruddiness on his cheeks, then little pimples on his upper arms, then it spread to cover his entire arms and now his thighs. It doesn't seem to itch or bother him in any other way, but I would like to address it, because I believe it may be a symptom of another problem. We don't have the budget to take him to an allergist right now, but I do have reason to believe he may have food sensitivities. I have suspected almonds, citrus, dairy and wheat at one time or another but haven't done a full-blown elimination diet with him. I have tried cutting out each thing for a few weeks and didn't notice much of a change. I have tried putting coconut oil and good quality baby cream (Weleda) on him post-bath but it hasn't made any difference. I posted a couple of pictures below that I took today, one of his arm and one of his thigh. Would appreciate any insight on whether you think this is KP or if not, what the other possibilities might be. Thank you!

#2 of 2 Old 06-02-2014, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
KP is usually a vitamin A deficiency.

http://holisticsquid.com/do-you-have...ris-naturally/

Liver and cod liver oil are the best sources.

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page