Warts - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 10-04-2013, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DD is 13. She has a very painful wart on her foot. We have tried cryotherapy and s. acid, and oregano EO. None have worked. Our DO wants to try candida antigen injections. We do not vax our kids and I am concerned this may be preserved or contain ingredients that vaccines have. Has anyone heard of candida antigen therapy? Is it like a vaccine in ingredients? Any help much appreciated. eyesroll.gif
cynthia mosher likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 10-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)

Hi Claire and welcome to Mothering!

I've not heard of it myself but did find a few articles and studies on it. This might help: http://www.aafp.org/afp/2011/0801/p288.html

Let us know what you decide and how it goes. Good luck!

#3 of 10 Old 10-12-2013, 12:33 PM

Is it a plantar wart? I had three of them this summer; they are awful. For the worst one, I had to have it surgically removed. It was too big and too deep to do anything else with. For the other two, the doc froze them in the office after peeling away all of the dead skin. He then told me to get the strongest wart remover (I found Wart Stick at CVS with 40% of the acid stuff) and a cream he prescribed. I tried all types of things myself before I went to the foot doctor, but nothing worked. Good luck to your daughter.

#4 of 10 Old 10-14-2013, 10:36 AM

If it's a plantar wart they can be stubborn. Sometimes the best thing is to get it frozen off at the doctor's office. No chemicals are introduced to the body, it takes about 5 seconds, and it works. Sometimes on the huge ones you need two treatments, but it's very effective. You can also buy Freeze Off at the store, but the doctor's ones work better.

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#5 of 10 Old 10-14-2013, 04:50 PM

My son had them all over his feet.  We tried everything money could buy and had them cut out.  They still returned. We did freeze off and everything  So we used Braggs vinegar on a cotton ball taped to his warts at night..  It is PAINFUL but they went away. This was the quickest most effective treatment I have ever used and still to this day they have not returned. He said it took about 4 nights

hope this helps

amy

#6 of 10 Old 10-14-2013, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

chevy974, Do you mean, Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar? I think I tried that once and it was very painful. I didn't stick with it long enough to see if it would work.

OP, My warts just suddenly disappeared, after three years, so I think watchful waiting is an option. For the most part my warts were painless but there were times when they started to hurt, usually when I was spending too much time barefoot. It seemed that keeping them covered helped eliminate the pain. Most of my friends who've tried surgery and freezing (by the doctor) had their warts come back so I didn't bother, but now my dd has a wart on her thumb and I'm contemplating what to do.

#7 of 10 Old 10-15-2013, 02:16 PM

Yes I am speaking of the Braggs apple cider vinegar.  I spoke to my son again referring it and he said yes it was painful but after all the pain he went through trying other things and Dr visits etc a few days of pain with this was worth it.  He said it took about 3 nights for them to be gone he did it on the 4th night to be sure. I hope this helps you.

amy

#8 of 10 Old 10-16-2013, 10:42 AM

I tried the ACV for two weeks; didn't work. It softened them and made them more bearable during the day, but they never really went away. And it was painful. I was wearing three pairs of socks with tennis shoes or around the house (no sandals or anything else) by the time I went to the doctor to have it removed. He didn't freeze it off, he had to cut it out. It was too big and deep for anything else. I had that one for about six months. If you let it get to that point, it is awful.

Plantar warts on the feet are very different from your average wart.

#9 of 10 Old 10-17-2013, 10:22 AM

Candida antigen is packaged single dose and should not have thimerosol if that's an issue. It's a treatment that helps to form an immune response to the wart. If you are not sure you want to go that route yet, a benign option is to try a ramped up version of the home remedy of covering the wart with masking tape. (This actually can help smaller warts.) The ramped up version is after the procedure to burn/cut out the wart heals, cover and keep it covered with a silicone bandage like mederma. (Or any similar... find them in the scar tissue reducing band aide section of your pharmacy first aid asile) You simply put on and leave on the bandage and wait. The theory is that the occlusive cover slows down the growth and potentially allows the body to get on top of the infection. We're talking doing this for several weeks, not days. If she worsened, you can go the antigen route, but if she doesn't, it's a reasonable and noninvasive thing to try for awhile? Whatever you do, blessings and would love to know what worked?
#10 of 10 Old 12-25-2013, 06:30 AM

I have used liquid Iodine for my dd's warts and the wart that I had last summer. Iodine gets absorbed through the skin so it also beneficial for the body. My dd's warts were awfully bad as I had ignored them for several months and they were on her foot and it was the last thing on my mind since we had major family stresses. Needless to say that one tiny wart spread to the size of nickle/quarter and had 5 or so new warts on her foot. I started the iodine immediately and within 6 or so weeks of applying 2-3x/week they all had disappeared. She was so worried that she would start class swimming lessons with all her warts and I told her that the iodine would do its job by then. And it worked beautifully! Also I had searched the web when she had these infections and taking bee propolis internally (great antiviral and antibacterial) helped the body rid of warts.

Tags
News

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page