Allergic reaction :( - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-02-2013, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

My 6 year old is allergic to Gluten,Dairy,Soy and Apples....Well she is having a reaction to some apple juice in some Organic Peppermint Candy Canes...

WHO puts apple juice in candy canes???????? 

I am so frustrated...Apples and Soy are in everything... At least I didn't have to use the EpiPen on her...Benadryl is working....she looks horrible though...Big ole pits of red and black shiners under her eyes... and scratching herself to death...the coughing is a lot better since the antihistimine kicked in...

Just needed to vent.....

#2 of 3 Old 12-02-2013, 10:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Ugh, I'm sorry. We are gluten free and mostly dairy free, and as you know, gluten is also in a lot of things that it shouldn't be. Did they use the apple juice in place of sugar perhaps? Odd.

"Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen." Ralph Marston

#3 of 3 Old 12-03-2013, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

There is sugar in the candy canes...No HFCSF though :) I think the apple juice is for part flavor...Not sure where apples play into a peppermint stick though....I will look for others...there has got to be a natural candy cane that is made with no apple juice somewhere...if not we just won't have any...I will replace it with something else...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page