Why is my 3 year old vomiting at night? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-22-2013, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I am utterly lost on this. No history of allergies, no sickness symptoms whatsoever- about a month ago, he had a stomach bug that lasted three days. Two weeks ago, he vomited in the night, then a few days later. This week it has happened three nights in a row. Completely energetic during the day, no new things in his diet. He will vomit while asleep, sit up and finish, lay back and sleep. Doesn't bother him whatsoever. 

I thought it might be because of overeating, but the last two days he hasn't ate much but still puked at night. 

If this continues through Christmas, I will make a doctors appointment but wondered if anyone might have some ideas. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-25-2013, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
I have no idea mama. Sounds stressful. Sure hope it has all gottan better by now.
#3 of 4 Old 12-26-2013, 05:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineRocket View Post

I am utterly lost on this. No history of allergies, no sickness symptoms whatsoever- about a month ago, he had a stomach bug that lasted three days. Two weeks ago, he vomited in the night, then a few days later. This week it has happened three nights in a row. Completely energetic during the day, no new things in his diet. He will vomit while asleep, sit up and finish, lay back and sleep. Doesn't bother him whatsoever. 

I thought it might be because of overeating, but the last two days he hasn't ate much but still puked at night. 

If this continues through Christmas, I will make a doctors appointment but wondered if anyone might have some ideas. Thanks

I don't know about vomiting, but my daughter went through a period where she would have a low grade fever (around 101) every night for a couple of weeks.  I took her to the doctor but they couldn't find anything wrong.  her ped thought she was probably fighting something small and as long as she didn't get any worse to just wait it out.  Maybe that's what's happening with your son?

#4 of 4 Old 12-27-2013, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Thanks for your replies. It has stopped, thank goodness. He must have been just fighting off something yucky. I talked to a neighbor of mine and her daughter had been vomiting for the same length of time as my little sprout, but not just at night.. kids are weird, he's all better now though~

swede likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page