I would give it another week or so. The delay could be due to the holidays and such.
I'm kind of going through the same thing- waiting to hear back after I sent in all the paperwork and the referral, to get my son evaluated. It's been several weeks. I figured I would call next week once the holidays are officially over.
Update: So this doctor has lied to my face and is now refusing the referral to OT. I am not surprised because he was very pushy in the initial appointment about having me see THEIR in-house child psychologist and was extremely condescending with his questions. When I told him DD had been working well with the LPC therapist for the past year, and that OT was her suggestion, he downplayed her credentials in favor of the staff psych. There's more but at the end of the appointment, he said, and I quote, "I don't think OT is really going to help her [anxiety], but if you want the referral, I'll give it to you."
I told him I would consider seeing the psychologist, but after talking with my husband and DD's therapist, it seemed like it would be more of the same therapy she had already been receiving.
So this morning the psychologist's aide called and said the doctor was refusing the referral and wanted her to see the psychologist. I was livid. I explained what the doctor had said and she even confirmed the notation that he had said he would give the referral if that was what I had decided. She said she would have him call me directly, but considering how long its taken to have them get back to me for this, I doubt he's going to be on the ball. I don't even know where to go from here. I love the clinic, and her former pede was fantastic, but trying to explain 2 years of history in 20 minutes to a guy who doesn't know my kid is impossible. I just feel like I've done everything I should for my kiddo and now I'm getting shit on because of this new guy who wants to make more business for the clinic. I already made sure DD's primary care provider was changed from this guy even before I heard back about the referral because DD was not impressed with him, either. She actually asked me, "Do I have to see that doctor again?"
I don't even know where to go from here, other than lighting into this guy, but he's the type that will just use that against me. I feel like my only other options are to try and get a referral from her new PCP or see the psychologist and hope either one of them see things differently. I just dread having to drag DD through all this red tape again for no reason...
I completely understand how you feel having been through the doctor rodeo myself and currently going through it again! I see two options call the clinic psychologist and discuss the issue with him/her or get a new doctor entirely which it sounds like you did? My kids are actually seeing a new doctor as well and while that's fine for my little ones with no issues I think I'm going to have to transfer dd to her original doctor that may be more sympathetic to our current health situation. Ugh I hate dealing with the doctor mess. We need a referral also and are unlikely to get it without a doctor change :(