Mothering Forum banner

Ear ache

633 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  MountainMamaGC 
#1 ·
What can I do to ease an ear ache? DS is 7. He had influenza about 2 weeks ago, and a lingering cough since then. Yesterday he started complaining of his ear needing to pop and everything sounding really loud. He was holding his ear and it was obviously bothering him last night before bed. I gave him ibuprofen and a warm compress to lay on when he went to bed. He slept fine. He still has similar complaints this morning, but he is still playing and acting pretty normal. No fever.

Any suggestions on what I can give him? Ideally something to just heal it, but at least something to ease the discomfort today until I can take him in to be seen tomorrow. Thanks!

#2 ·
garlic infused olive oil. Crush a clove of garlic and let it steep in about a 1/4 cup of olive oil warming on a double boiler. You want the oil hot, but you dont want to fry the garlic. Let cool to about body temp and place a few drops in the affected ear 3-4 times a day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.