Blech boogie eating - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-08-2014, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ugh just seeing it makes me feel ill, even when I can hear them sucking their fingers I'm grossed out. DS woke up with conjunctivitis and ate that grossedout.gif What can I do to make it stop?

><> Mom to superhero.gif (6) hearts.gif (4) energy.gif (2) and baby.gif (born March!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 02-08-2014, 09:42 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)

If they are old enough, a reminder to wash hands afterward might be enough to make them think twice.  My oldest did this, and I would remind her gently not to do this in public (she was always compliant).  I was more lax at home (ugh, cringing along with you) but the older she got, the easier the gentle message was to get across.  I tried not to be judgmental about it, I just addressed issues of hygiene and politeness.

Yup.  Time to step away and stop thinking about it.  Even when I try to think rationally about it (it's really not that big of a deal, I try to convince myself) I can't quite get past the nose curling and mild shuddering.  Logic: for himself, there is no *physical reason* a person shouldn't do this.    It is a matter of consideration of others, both in cleanliness and good manners.

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page