3 week cold--another fever - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-07-2014, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My almost 2 year old has been battling a head cold then chest congestion for almost 3 weeks, started with 1 day of a fever and then head cold for a week, then coughing up stuff for a week. ( we have all had it in our house and gotten over it now ) She now has gotten another fever of 100.3. I use only homeopathic remedies & vitamins to fight it off. We do not have a natural minded doc in our town ( i hate it! :-( ) So going to the doc is a pain in the butt and have yet to find one that supports my choice to not vax my children. 

my question would be at what point would you consider a viral thing going bacterial? I hate antibiotics and I know they have a place and put them off as much as possible. I was thinking its possible she just caught something else while getting over the other thing but just didn't know if someone has experience with this and could recommend a holistic remedy for it?

joy.gifWife since Sept. 06, dishes.gif Stay at Home Mom to: dust.gifShelby Feb 2010 SILVER (.)(.), energy.gifKendall May 2012 GOLD (.)(.) & belly.gifBaby Girl #3 Due in August 2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2014, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Could you share more info to help is get a better picture of what is going on?

Is cough still productive? What color mucus?
Mucus coming from nose? Color?
Does she act sick or extra tired or as if in pain?
Is she getting enough rest during the day and at night? ( does coughing interfere with sleep)
Does she have a strong appetite?
Has her bowel movements changed with this illness?
How high was her fever originally?

I have to get back to my little one so I'm typing fast, sorry. Answering the above would help me narrow down my ideas and feedback. I'm not a doctor, I've just had a lot of experience with my kids.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey, went to the doc yesterday. She has a sinus infection. greensad.gif her fever peaked at 104. Nasty stuff. So had to put her on antibiotics. I hate those things! She still ran a slight fever until today. Her 2yr molars are coming in at the same time too. She is miserable. greensad.gif can't wait for her to feel better.

joy.gifWife since Sept. 06, dishes.gif Stay at Home Mom to: dust.gifShelby Feb 2010 SILVER (.)(.), energy.gifKendall May 2012 GOLD (.)(.) & belly.gifBaby Girl #3 Due in August 2014
Old 05-10-2014, 10:33 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
So glad to hear you got help and your little one is improving!

User Tag List