BO in 7 yr old after MMR reaction - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-14-2014, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
BO in 7 yr old after MMR reaction

Hi Mommas-
My 7 yr old had a MMR vax last fall, had a reaction (3 days of 103, and then rash on her torso) and ever since has had BO if she sweats a bunch or doesn't wash every day. I personally think it's a bit early for her (in my family, don't know about my husbands family), and think it's so strange that it would show up right when she got that fever. To me it signifies a deep level of toxicity, but when I ask around no one has any advice.

Does anyone have any ideas to help her body detox, or to address this phenomenon?

Thanks!

(admin- please move if this isn't the correct place to post)

born to be a mom to Lilah Rose at home on 7-18-06 and a cranky wife to Johnny 12-05 ::
Home birth to Eirwen Claire on 1-06-11
#2 of 3 Old 06-14-2014, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Drinking lots of water should help her flush her system. Is it possible that she has had this for a while and you are just now accepting it? I only ask because this was a first sign of puberty for my dd at age 7 1/2 but I tried to ignore it and blame it on other things until a few hairs sprouted and I couldn't ignore it anymore. It could be a reaction from a vaccine but in our case it was just puberty starting six months early.

I suggest bringing her to the pediatrician to rule out other causes of an early start to puberty, they are rare but happen. Get a bunch of books about puberty to read with her, there are some great recommendations in the preteen/teen area if you search old threads, and teach her to use deodrant or do whatever your family believes in doing for bo.

It could also be that you are more sensitive to smell for some reason right now and the odor isn't from the start of puberty. I work with three and four year old children and they do get sweaty and stinky if they don't shower daily, especially as the weather warms up and we spend long chunks of time outside. At some points in my cycle it is hard to not gag because I have a very sensitive nose.and when my thyroid crashed I was nauseous all thr time from the stench. None of these kids are anywhere near puberty. Maybe the illness has the lingering effect of making thr smell worse or you may be going through something tag increases your sensitivity to smell.
#3 of 3 Old 06-15-2014, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by One_Girl View Post
Drinking lots of water should help her flush her system. Is it possible that she has had this for a while and you are just now accepting it? I only ask because this was a first sign of puberty for my dd at age 7 1/2 but I tried to ignore it and blame it on other things until a few hairs sprouted and I couldn't ignore it anymore. It could be a reaction from a vaccine but in our case it was just puberty starting six months early.

I suggest bringing her to the pediatrician to rule out other causes of an early start to puberty, they are rare but happen. Get a bunch of books about puberty to read with her, there are some great recommendations in the preteen/teen area if you search old threads, and teach her to use deodrant or do whatever your family believes in doing for bo.

It could also be that you are more sensitive to smell for some reason right now and the odor isn't from the start of puberty. I work with three and four year old children and they do get sweaty and stinky if they don't shower daily, especially as the weather warms up and we spend long chunks of time outside. At some points in my cycle it is hard to not gag because I have a very sensitive nose.and when my thyroid crashed I was nauseous all thr time from the stench. None of these kids are anywhere near puberty. Maybe the illness has the lingering effect of making thr smell worse or you may be going through something tag increases your sensitivity to smell.
Thanks Momma-
Yes a little denial, and probable coincidence with fever= dehydration... it was fairly stunning, which lead me to link it in my mind. I do think she doesn't drink enough so I will try to up the amount. I would love to hear if anyone has any herbal suggestions too.

Many thanks!

born to be a mom to Lilah Rose at home on 7-18-06 and a cranky wife to Johnny 12-05 ::
Home birth to Eirwen Claire on 1-06-11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page