Lump under 8 yr old's nipple - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-16-2008, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My oldest daughter who will be 8 years old next month suddenly has a large hard lump under one of her nipples. We took her for an ultrasound today and they think it is innocent enough, but our physician wants her to be seen by an endocrinologist. She is concerned because she thinks it is too early for her to be developing. I can't believe that her breasts could already be developing! It's not something that runs in my family - I didn't start until around 12/13 years old. Has anyone out there had a similar experience with one of their children? What else could it be?? Needless to say I'm a bit freaked out about this.
#2 of 6 Old 07-16-2008, 08:12 PM

I developed at that age.In 3rd grade(8yo) I was wearing a bra,by 4th(9yo) a b cup.I also started my menstrual cycle that year. My dd(10yo) is developing,has been since about 8,she just wears those little girl bras right now,the kind that come with panties,but will move on to something bigger very soon.She's even getting pubic hair.Thankfully no cycle yet,but I'm sure it's coming soon.

I hope it's nothing to be concerned about.

Student mama to one awesome,talented and unique dd,15 and one amazing, sweet and strong ds,12(born with heart defect Tetralogy of Fallot,also on the autism spectrum),9 cats,and 2 gerbils.
#3 of 6 Old 07-17-2008, 01:02 AM

I had those when I was probably 10 or 11. The dr. called them 'breast buds' and said they were the beginning of development. I didn't begin to develop noticeable breast tissue until a few years later.

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#4 of 6 Old 07-17-2008, 02:04 AM

I was probably about 8 (possible 9) when I noticed that too; my friend's doctor had told her that it was breast buds, so we didn't worry about it. I didn't start my period until I was 12 1/2 and had no signs of precocious puberty.

Hope that helps!

Erica
#5 of 6 Old 10-02-2013, 05:25 AM

my 8yr old has the same thing and it seems to be getting bigger, had her at the pediatrician and he was not concerned at all said that it is puberty, did you see an endo? what did he say?

#6 of 6 Old 10-09-2013, 07:56 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny Face View Post

I had those when I was probably 10 or 11. The dr. called them 'breast buds' and said they were the beginning of development. I didn't begin to develop noticeable breast tissue until a few years later.

This happened to me too. I got the buds at 9 but didnt get actual breasts until 13. I didnt get my first period till 13.5.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page